+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Theo Ratliff (to sign with Philly)

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    I approve of this.

You go, Theo.

Loved that motherfucker back in the days.

-ojay!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Whoa, I just had a flashback to Kelly Tripucka
    ~cue "memories" theme music~

Dominique Wilkins Sends E-mail to Kelly Tripucka, Reminding Him of Embarassing Career

By: T. Ryan (July 2006)

ATLANTA, GA (AP) - Golf? Embarrassing charity events? Poor contributions to a broadcasting panel? Not for former NBA all-star Dominique Wilkins. The Human Highlight Reel has become quite the prankster and taken his retirement days into cyberspace. Hernia sources have obtained a copy of an email he sent to Kelly Tripucka (left) last week, with a picture attached showing 'Nique skying over his fellow NBA alum (below).

"I logged into my account and figured, here we go, same old thing, twenty-five emails from Ian Eagle, Jeff Ruland, and some bored Notre Dame hoops fans," Tripucka said. "But then I saw 'Nique's name and went right to it. I even called my wife over. Turned out the joke was on me. That picture is just awful. I don't even know where he found it. I hope it's a fake.

Accompanying the humorous picture was simply this: "Hey Kelly, remember this one? LOL! Talk to you soon, 'Nique." Now while some may find this to be somewhat odd, it appears to be sparking a new trend. When told of the story, former player Charles Barkley, after he finished laughing, said, "I think it's great. In fact, I can't wait to send out a few myself. I hope Sean Bradley has room in his inbox. And someone get me Frederic Weis' email. I gotta send him that video of Vince teabagging him at the Olympics."

After discovering the joy of prank emails with his retired buddies, "Nique has decided to forego his appearance on the next "Jocks vs. Joes" season and looks like he's finally found his niche.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Max?
    Max is only an enforcer in training, and defensive rebounding is still an issue.

DD and Max were a perfect pairing.

I've seen him act a bit thuggish out there, and yes, rebounding is only average, but he play the tough guy for us.

Sean Bradley?

Blog Entries
    Sean Bradley got posterized constantly.

The thing that concerns me is that over the last few years, Theo's rebounding numbers have been worse than Maxiell's. Especially this year. I guess Joe thought we needed shot blocking more than man-to-man D and rebounding.

I'm starting to think Dale would have been a better choice. We already have 2 bigs coming off the bench that are weak-side defenders rather than man-to-man guys.

Oh well, if everything goes well, he should only sniff the floor during garbage time.
    Last edited by FP22; 02-29-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ratliff expected to go to Pistons after leaving Minnesota

By LARRY LAGE, AP Sports Writer
    29 minutes ago

DETROIT (AP)—The Detroit Pistons are expected to add center Theo Ratliff next week, a person familiar with the upcoming transaction told The Associated Press on Friday.

The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal couldn’t yet be completed, said the move will be made on Tuesday.

The Minnesota Timberwolves requested waivers on Ratliff after reaching an agreement on a buyout of his contract. About one-third of Ratliff’s $11.6 million salary remained for this season, but vice president Kevin McHale said the Timberwolves will pay him “a little less” than that.

Ratliff’s agent approached the team about the move, which will allow more time down the stretch for young post players like Chris Richard and Craig Smith.

Ratliff’s contract was expiring at the end of the season, and the Timberwolves—who have the worst record in the Western Conference—are busy evaluating what they’ve got for the future. The Wolves have bought out guard Troy Hudson, forward Juwan Howard and now Ratliff over the past seven months.

Forward Antoine Walker wants a buyout, too, but he’s unwilling to forgo much of the remainder of his $8.5 million salary this season or a $9.3 million figure next season. The Wolves have made an offer, but an agreement by Saturday didn’t appear imminent.

“They said they weren’t comfortable with that, and that’s where it is,” McHale said.

Walker could be a valuable trade asset this summer.

Ratliff came to Minnesota from Boston in the Kevin Garnett trade and has played in only 10 games. The 34-year-old was relatively productive when he played, but a knee injury kept him on the sideline for 45 games. Ratliff returned to action last week.

Because he was let go before Saturday’s deadline, he can sign with another team and be eligible for the playoff roster.

The Pistons can use him, too.

Detroit, which has the second-best record in the NBA, has been looking for frontcourt depth since sending center Primoz Brezec to Toronto for guard Juan Dixon last week.

The 6-foot-10, 235-pound Ratliff began his NBA career in Detroit, where he played from 1995 until he was dealt to the Philadelphia 76ers in a December 1997 trade that sent Jerry Stackhouse to the Pistons.

Ratliff later played for Atlanta, Portland and Boston before the trade last summer. He has averaged 8 points and 6.2 rebounds during his career, and 6.3 points and 3.9 rebounds per game this season.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    So the net effect of the trade:

Pistons acquire:
    Juan Dixon
    Theo Ratliff

In exchange for:
    Primoz Brezec
    Flip Murray
    Cash
    I think Joe did very well, assuming Theo can stay healthy.
    Last edited by Glenn; 02-29-2008 at 04:23 PM.
    Find a new slant.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    why did we send cash to Toronto?

what happens with cash involving trades anyway?
    Last edited by Joe Asberry; 02-29-2008 at 04:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread