+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 44
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Tahoe's "Veeps" thread

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Of course, if such a person existed, they'd be the Presidential nominee, unless they had so many holes in their resume that they'd repel as many votes as they would attract. Newt Gingrich would be a great example here.
    Aaaahahahaha, just as I started reading that, I thought for a split second: What about Newt Gingrich? Meh, you're right. Gingrich would repel independent voters. And I'm pretty sure that Gingrich wouldn't touch McCain with a 10-foot pole by now.

Newt Gingrich would be fucking AWESOME!!!

The party of the "Moral Majority" having to swallow the whole load of Jizz with two philandering skirt chasing adulterous drunks. Man, this would be great.

If McCain/Gingrich get elected, they'd make Clinton?Lewinsky look like child's play. It won't be long before we'd see a picture of them pulling the Train on Britney Spears.

EDIT: Of course, they'd get MY vote. I'd want to be in on THAT party!
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

I think Biden would be a solid choice for Obama. Everything about him just screams "second fiddle" and he'd bring some experience and a dash of gravitas to balance out the ticket.

Usually though, the vp choice comes down to a political calculation of who can deliver the states where the top of the ticket is weak.

the 'dont take a seat from the senate' premise is cogent.

i still got my money on not senator john edwards. but i think the likeliest is a governor.

my other choice is tim kaine, gov of virginia. you may remember him from the 2006 democratic response to bush's state of the union. at that point, i was so impressed with his speach i thought he might be in THIS race.

turns out he was one of obama's first endorsers.

jim webb, the guy who gave the 2007 democratic response, might be an even better candidate than kain, but for him being in the senate. he has also stated he doesnt want the vp, for what thats worth. hes older (kaine is only 50), and i guess is fairly moderate, also with military service. he also is from virginia.
    Last edited by b-diddy; 03-03-2008 at 01:45 AM.

from wikipedia about webb:

On November 28, 2006, at a White House reception for those newly elected to Congress, Webb declined to stand in the line to have his picture taken with the president, whom Webb often criticized during the campaign. The president approached Webb later and asked him, "How's your boy?", referring to Webb's son, a Marine serving in Iraq. According to Congressman Jim Moran of Virginia, aides warned the President to be "extra sensitive about talking to Webb about his son, since Webb's son has had a recent brush with death in Iraq."[25] Webb replied "I'd like to get them out of Iraq, Mr. President." Bush responded, "That's not what I asked you. How's your boy?" Webb responded, "That's between me and my boy, Mr. President." Webb was so angered by the exchange that he was reportedly tempted to "slug" the president and later remarked, "I'm not particularly interested in having a picture of me and George W. Bush on my wall."
    put webb in as my dream selection.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I'd avoid Webb. He's needed too much in Virginia. He won by a narrow margin, and I suspect Republicans would be able to retake his seat if he leaves it early.

Former Virginia governor Mark Warner is the man behind both Webb and Kaine's success. The guy embodies "straight shooter with upper management written all over him". If he weren't running for Senate, he'd be the near-ideal choice for Obama. There were a lot of people calling for him to run for president.

From a military experience standpoint, Jack Reed from Rhode Island would be ideal. But, I don't think he needs a warhawk as VP. He just needs someone to bring a dimension he doesn't have, who isn't going to cause him shit otherwise.

Condi Rice's name was in the news today as a potential running mate with McCain. She immediately denied it.

Many feel that this would be a bad move cuz it would keep McCain too close to the Bush Admin...fwiw.
    Players meeting my ASS!

How about this guy?

Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Yes, he'd be good on a Hillary ticket.

Me thinks GDs choice is John Edwards.

Not sure if he can bring the blue collar vote to the ticket, but he wouldn't hurt the ticket, imo. And that is the main consideration, imo.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread