+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2K8 classic teams...yes you too can play with Adrian Dantley!

NBA 2K8 classic teams...yes you too can play with Adrian Dantley!

Found this over at the official 2K boards. Someone over there created classic rosters for every playoff team from 1987-1997, and re-created entire league rosters from 1998-2002.

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157190

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156495

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153234

FYI, it can only be done via an xbox 360 data transfer kit and a memory card. It cost me about $30 to acquire both.

This is the single most amazing user-created roster achievement I've ever seen. Each year is exactly detailed. This guy even created scrubs like Fennis Dembo and Kurt Nimphius.

Given that NBA 2K8 only allows 200 CaP slots, he could only do the playoff teams for the older years, but it's still enough to amaze.

Every playoff version of the pistons is available, for example. 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000 and 2002.

It's not quite the same since most of the arenas from the 80's are gone, but the throwbacks are mostly available.

He completely nailed every piston bad boy, btw. Dumars's shot release is spot-on.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-20-2008 at 12:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    I ordered an xport from Datel and used it to update my NFL 2K5 so I can play it on my 360 with the updated shit.

Haven't tried out the 2K8 stuff.

it's worth its weight in gold just to have 16 years worth of roster files to choose from. It increases the replayability of the game tenfold. Bird's hairstyle even changes from year to year.

I mean think about it, you can play a season or start a franchise at 16 different points in time, and mix in some modern players if you want.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-20-2008 at 12:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    You play any Bad Boy Pistons vs. Chicago Bulls games?

When you play Bad Boys vs. Celtics, what button does "Punch" replace?
    _

Yeah, but I preferred the celtics/Pistons matchups. Watching Bird against Rodman is fun as shit. Rodman is the only guy in this game that stays with him off McHale's nasty screens, I swear.

Boston will spend 3 quarters running shit for Ainge and McHale, and all of a sudden the 4th quarter hits and I think bird takes every shot.\

Vinnie Johnson is hard to master in this game. Joe's release point is real quick, which makes his shot difficult to pull off right, but also hard as shit to block.

With the 87 and 88 Pistons, to be honest I usually wind up throwing the ball into Dantley. He's got some nasty post moves and I have yet to play anybody that can handle him on the high post.

89 and 90 Pistons, Joe Dumars seems to have better ratings than his 87 and 88 versions. He's a madman from the arc. Vinnie also is at his best. Aguirre is fucking useless.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-20-2008 at 12:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    When you play Bad Boys vs. Celtics, what button does "Punch" replace?
    LOL

The created Parrish has to come with that in his arsenal.

Blog Entries
    I'm bored, so I'm going to go try these out.

It should be noted that i had to copy the files from my memory card to my hard drive before I could use them. It wouldn't read the files until then.

Oh, one more thing: each year also has the accurate all-star teams from that season.

+ Reply to Thread