+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kosova declares independence from Serbia

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Albania has some beautiful undeveloped coastline, I hear. However, Albania has for many years been known as a place people are trying to get the fuck out of.

Isn't that where that Cuscesco dude was? They ended up shooting him and his wife? Or was that the guy that was on trial at the Hague?
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I just feel sad... very sad.
    I could talk policy and history and crap, I suppose.
    That's not my first reaction, though.

I think its safe to say that it was pretty fucked up over there from time to time and the regular peeps didn't deserve that shit. Gov'ts always fuck things up.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mailman
    Nothing.

You're Toni Kukoc, aren't you?
    Only a tenuous connection at best.
    he whole region is a goddamn shithouse of freezing mountains, rocks, mines, and unexploded ordinance that no one should be inhabiting, let alone fighting over.
    Wow, why all this hatred against the Balkans Swami?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Isn't that where that Cuscesco dude was? They ended up shooting him and his wife? Or was that the guy that was on trial at the Hague?
    His name was Nicolae Ceauşescu and he was the Romanian leader during the years of the Eastern Bloc. Slobodan Milošević was the Serbian leader who was on trial at the Hague.

And wasn't NC and SM both pretty much evil? Like I said, this history was after i went to school. I don't know much of anything about the region.
    Players meeting my ASS!

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I'm just bummed out at them over fucking up the 1990s with their ethnic cleansing. Same way I'm bummed out at Israel and their neighbors for fucking up the 2nd half of the 20th century.

Seriously, is that land really worth killing each other over? I could understand if someone wanted to fight a gigantic war over Barbados, at least it's warm and wet and there's tons of beaches and rum and dancing. But people in Barbados are about as laid back as it gets. I think in some places, the landscape hardens the people against their kinder human nature.
    Last edited by Big Swami; 02-19-2008 at 11:01 AM.

Um....

hmm...

Losing a third of your people kind of alters your view of things.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    The Kosovar Albanians are no princes either. They emigrated from their own country (which is a total shithole) and settled in large numbers in a part of Serbia; after a while they just took it for their own. No matter how many Mexicans settle in L.A., they're not seizing it and declaring their independence; that would just be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Balkan
    I was born in Croatia. Family fled to America in 1970s and Michigan. Then what was left of the family left Dearborn after Muslims took over.
    Cheers my brother. A true ally right here. God bless.

+ Reply to Thread