+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Rumored Trades

Favorite Rumored Trades

What were some of your favorite trades that were rumored and never went down? The ones that were all set up to go but at the last second fell through.

Personally, I always liked the Iverson one to Detroit in 2000 but I can exactly remember who was involved playerwise other than it was a Pistons, 76ers, Laker, and Hornets deal. Anyone know?

AI, Stack, Geiger? Beyond that I'm stumped.
    _

Blog Entries
    Didn't Geiger or w/e "Devean George" that deal??? I know there was some crazy reason that trade never wen't down...

those were the Alvin Gentry days right???

I was thinking what RG was, but I don't remember the exact years on Pistons coaches.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    AI, Stack, Geiger? Beyond that I'm stumped.
    -Iverson and Matt Geiger to Detroit.
    -Jerry Stackhouse and Jerome Williams to Philadelphia
    -Lakers would take Christian Laettner from Detroit and work a sign-and-trade with Glen Rice before moving him to Philly.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

So the Lakers basically got Laettner or nothing?
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    So the Lakers basically got Laettner or nothing?
    Yeah, but I think he had a horrid contract at that time anyway.

(edit - he signed a 3 year 18 million dollar contract with us 2 summers before. he only played 16 games with us in his first year from injuries)
    Last edited by WTFchris; 02-14-2008 at 06:17 PM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Ahh, so they were taking his contract off our hands for nothing? Did they get a pick or something?
    _

No. AC green retired that year and they ended up getting Horace Grant instead. They had Shaq and Horry, I think they just needed a 3rd big man.

+ Reply to Thread