Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: A little love for the Wings?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Wiggie
    February 2, NHL.com: How many times have we heard the battle cry: Big players play big in big games? For the Detroit Red Wings and their so-far-unbelievable season, the first game after the All-Star break might not seem important when you're looking from the outside. But all games are important to this Detroit team. That day-to-day drive, no matter who they face, is key. That's why the Wings are 38-10-4 following their 3-2 come-from-behind victory against Phoenix on Jan. 30 -- a game in which captain Nicklas Lidstrom was the big player who played real big. Trailing 2-1 well into the third period, Detroit tied the game at 9:09 when Lidstrom's shot was deflected in front by Tomas Holmstrom -- giving "Homer" his third straight 20-goal season and fourth in five seasons. Just 3½ minutes later, Lidstrom teed up another blast that eluded Coyotes goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov for the winning margin. The goal was Lidstrom's sixth of the season, but first at home. With one goal and two assists, it was Lidstrom's 44th career game with three or more points.
    The Red Wings have a 41-2-1 record in games in which Lidstrom scored at least three points, including a current streak of 32 consecutive wins.

Henrik Zetterberg returned from a two-game absence with back spasms to put Detroit on top against Phoenix with his 29th goal of the season. Amazing what some extra California sun and several deep massages can do for a back during the All-Star break, isn't it?

Do you like trends? Here's one you might not have been expecting. With the win against the Coyotes, the Red Wings are now 10-0 in Wednesday games this season.

Grind Line, Part II? If Darren McCarty shows the Red Wings he's still got passion for the game in a 25-game tryout at Detroit's Grand Rapids affiliate in the AHL, he could be reunited with former Grind Line linemates Kris Draper and Kirk Maltby later this season.
    _

Blog Entries
    If they win the cup, we should all be obligated to buy the official DVD, T-Shirt, Hat, and car flag

Blog Entries
    So be white trash?

Oh yes, I'm a big Wings fan. I'm glad this thread came up. I've been paying really good attention to the Wings. I have it set up so I get texts every time someone scores, because I usually can't watch all the games, though still a large amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Not to go all negative, but with that kind of domination are we looking at a Patriots-esque disappointment if they don't win the cup?
    Just like it is with every other non-Lions Detroit sport?

Whoa, texts when people score? How do you do it and does it cost money?
    _

If the Wings were on out here, I'd be all over them. Wish ESPN NHL still had a contract. They covered the Wings all of the time.
    Players meeting my ASS!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Wings/Ducks on NBC right now.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Thx Vincent
    Players meeting my ASS!

Thanks for sure. I didn't know this was on. 1-0 Wings right now.
    _

Anyone watch the game? I've never watched referees hand a game to a team before, so this was a first. The ref waived off a goal for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Closed Thread