+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2008 and 2017 Tigers Minor League news

Did anyone else notice every one of those guys is a relief pitcher?

Maybe that's because that's the way they prefer to break these guys in, or because starters are already established, or - perhaps - because that's the most obvious need in the organization.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Not our sluggers from the minors. Hessman and Joyce will be our big sluggers, these guys will be manning the bullpen, Verlander and Bonderman will be the vet starting pitchers with Zumaya firmly entrenched as the closer, and Granderson will be a regular all-star. A guy can dream, no?
    LOL @ the idea of Hessman making it big in the bigs.

I did end that post by saying it was a dream.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Did anyone else notice every one of those guys is a relief pitcher?

Maybe that's because that's the way they prefer to break these guys in, or because starters are already established, or - perhaps - because that's the most obvious need in the organization.
    It's probably because we traded all our starting arms (Miller, Jair and Sanchez).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    It's probably because we traded all our starting arms (Miller, Jair and Sanchez).
    Wouldn't that mean MORE draft choices were used as starters? Instead, it appears we've gone the opposite way.

They said some of these guys may become starting pitchers when they drafted them.
    _

Blog Entries
    both Perry & Satterwhite (our 2nd rd pick this yr) are tearing it up in Lakeland...

I don't even want us to call Perry up late in the season. Just let him stay in the minors and not worry about the big leagues for at least a full season.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I don't even want us to call Perry up late in the season. Just let him stay in the minors and not worry about the big leagues for at least a full season.
    If we're statistically out of it by then, I agree. Otherwise, he may very well be our best option down the stretch, and I'm not sure being with the big club for 26 games (he would maybe pitch 18 innings in that time) would hurt him too much.

Blog Entries
    I don't think he could possibly have an impact on this team either way this year. Andrew Miller didn't exactly do us any good in '06 (0-1, ERA over 6, more walks than K's) and he was way more highly regarded than Perry. I agree, leave him in the minors, and give him an invite to make the Big league team next spring...

+ Reply to Thread