+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: PS3 Makes Profit and Outsells 360 Worldwide in 2007?

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Thats it. I'm ready to fight. The next person that says XBL sucks I want to fight. Any time, any place.
    LOL...Yea its getting to that point in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Irony
    ?

nba 2k8 could be said as one of the most complete sports games ever as far as gameplay goes.

with me formally being a nba live fanatic, saying live and 2k8 differences are nil is insane....live isnt even fun anymore.
    I wasnt bashing 2K8, in fact i've defected to it too. More so because NBA Live has become a complete joke ever since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    All I know is that my brother in law signed up for XBL and it took a month for them to get it working (the site was down). It looks like D'sNuts had the same problem, but for less time. Did he get any extra time? No. Yeah, it's only 50 bucks, but it still sucked. I haven't played PSN so I cannot compare the two.

I've owned an N64, PS1, Xbox and Wii, so I'm not biased towards any of them. I'm happy with my Xbox, but I bought a new plasma screen and eventually I'll want a better system to take advantage of that. My thought was to consider PS3 because blue ray players are 400 bucks on their own (might as well kill two birds with one stone). So I thought I would ask about some comparisons. Thanks for the info (don't know why Comrade has to make it so personal).
    No problem, again I think that as a person who is big on FPS you got the best best for having a good supply of those types. But if you are looking more at the blu ray aspect, its probably a good buy for PS3. More so if you are running HDMI(It can upscale DVD in HDMI, but not in Component unfortunately). Its also a fully 2.0 compliant blu ray player too. So you're not getting a second rate add on either. As far as Com goes, I get a sense that he's not pleased about spending 600 on a PS3, I'd be mad about spending 600 on any console personally. Either way I hope that was helpful info also.
    Last edited by Black Dynamite; 02-01-2008 at 08:30 PM.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Actually I'd say Live has been a joke since about 04, when 2K Basketball really became better IMO.

well, the PS3 is 400 bucks now (the same price as the cheapest blu ray player). To me it's a no brainer to get one if you want a blu ray player. Whether or not it's your console of choice is up for debate though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    I know this is blasphemy to say this to you, and that you'll reply something even more volatile as if you are going to take everything i just said in the most negative way your mind can come up with to silence the imaginary doubters lurking everywhere out to get you. Good luck with that, you're on your own.
    http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9354

??
    _

Comrade again apologies, Here's something from a legit source.
    NPD: PS3 Overtook 360 In January
    by Game Informer Online
    POSTED: 2/15/2008 10:53 AM

January was an especially good month for the PlayStation 3, as evidenced by sales figures released by the NPD Group. The system is continually hyped as being the best Blu-Ray player on the market, which might have helped boost sales, though its increasingly impressive 2008 lineup certainly didn’t hurt things for Sony, either. In January, 269,000 units were sold, outpacing the Xbox 360 by nearly 40,000 systems. Microsoft says that hardware shortages were partially responsible for the upset. Shortages didn’t hurt things for Nintendo’s Wii, which moved 274,000 systems.

On the software side, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare took the number one spot, with Wii Play and the Wii version of Guitar Hero III rounding out the top three.

Here are the complete NPD lists:

Hardware
    Wii--274,000 units
    PLAYSTATION 3--269,000 units
    Nintendo DS--251,000 units
    PlayStation Portable--230,000 units
    Xbox 360--230,000 units

Top 10 software sales
    1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360)--330,900
    2. Wii Play (Wii)--298,100
    3. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Wii)--239,600
    4. Rock Band (Xbox 360)--183,800
    5. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Xbox 360)--182,700
    6. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)--172,000
    7. Burnout Paradise (Xbox 360)--144,100
    8. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3)--140,000
    9. Mario Party DS (DS)--138,500
    10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (DS)--133,000
    PSP to its credit is moving solid units too. I may have to grab another one at some point for that god of war game. May be a fluke as Microsoft says, but that blu ray issue seems to be helping PS3 alot. Giving them time to not rush out these games they got coming in 2008.
    http://gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/EB...5E19BC2828.htm
    ^

I don't know if you saw it the first time I posted it Gutz, but

STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    You know whats weird, I don't know anybody personally who has a PS3...

So it's odd that it outsold XBOX360...probably b/c most ppl bought 360's in '06...

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I don't know if you saw it the first time I posted it Gutz, but

Looks too heavy..lol...I wanna grab a slim one, maybe this summer.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ledezma
    You know whats weird, I don't know anybody personally who has a PS3...

So it's odd that it outsold XBOX360...probably b/c most ppl bought 360's in '06...
    Nothing wrong with that. Its pretty even with people I come across, but only 2 people I know still have 360's. Everybody else went PS3 this christmas.
    ^

+ Reply to Thread