+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 Makes Profit and Outsells 360 Worldwide in 2007?

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    ^^Uhhh... what? lol
    I'm saying that Sony and Wii can come out with the best consoles ever, but till they have Live gaming like XBox, I'm buying XBox.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    I'm stuck as the resident PS3 owner with Irony barely falling through.

As far as the sports games go, I personally think they suck on both systems as far as EA goes. Only next gen EA game I liked has been NCAA Football. And its even on both systems. I have 2k8 basketball and again the differences are pretty much nil on both systems. Sports wise the one stand out is imo MLB the Show, its the best baseball game outh there imo and its made by Sony.

As far as FPS, i can only play so many, not a very big fan. But Resistance holds its own. As a Co-Op game its one of the best action FPS co-ops out there imo. The online setup is fully built around most games being hosted by Insomniac so lag really isnt an issue in a general match at any point.

Another solid Co-Op is warhawk, features online(not campaign, but in the online battles) split screen up 4 people.

Can I expect to get all those sports games on PS3? What titles is PS3 missing out on that I would care about?
    For you none outside of MLB the show. If you give a damn about variety i'd say Uncharted(one of the best games i've played personally) and Heavenly sword almost immediately come to mind. But in the end your preference dictates your purchase. If you truly look towards playing shooters as a priority, you have the preferred system for that. With that said PS3 shooters hold their own this time(unlike the slow ps2 shooters that couldnt match first xbox shooters last gen) so you dont lose out if you decide to go PS3.

It has to be one that is multiplayer on the system itself, even though I'll do online as well. Right now I play Battlefront (on the system) and Halo 2 (system and online) for the Xbox.
    Well Haze will feature full multiplayer options and Resistence part 2 will probably as a multiplayer game will give a big time effort at pushing the online and multiplayer setup farther than any other FPS has tried. Again I dont believe in selling someone on a system. I believe these days you find out on your own what its all about(dont ever trust a salesperson on buying games) and purchase based on that. IMO PS3 sells itself if you read up on it, or it may not fit your style. Either way I think that if you're truly only into FPS and sports, you'll be fine with what you have.

I love COD, but the lack of multiplayer outside online keeps me from buying that.
    Actually there's offline multiplayer deathmatches on COD4. Atleast there was on my PS3 version. I'll double check my brothers xbox version but they should be close to identical games(outside of minor details being added to the graphics on the ps3 version).
    Last edited by Black Dynamite; 01-31-2008 at 06:03 PM.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Um... PS3 has online play almost identical to Xbox Live except it's not called Xbox Live. And it's free. What you gettin' at?

Yes there are multiplayer games offline on COD4.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I'm saying that Sony and Wii can come out with the best consoles ever, but till they have Live gaming like XBox, I'm buying XBox.
    Actually Sony is working on feature similar to xbox live in their PSN through their "Home" setup. Otherwise they both connect at the same pace, but the XBL definitely has more features.
    ^

Um... PS3 has online play almost identical to Xbox Live except it's not called Xbox Live. And it's free. What you gettin' at?
    I'm relatively new to all this shit, but I thought for sure CN V said they didn't have live gaming like XBox. My bad if not true.
    Players meeting my ASS!

be fair, the money they spend gets them more features on XBL, but the value of these features is kinda to each his own.
    ^

Well, it has online gaming, which is what I assume you are talking about when you mean "live gaming."

Codename V: Yeah, it has a few more features, but I don't think it has that many more features. What features are you talking about that PSN or Home don't have?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I'm relatively new to all this shit, but I thought for sure CN V said they didn't have live gaming like XBox. My bad if not true.
    No i meant that its different, you asked if a ps3 and a xbox could play each other, i said no basically. they are similar connection, gaming stores, and online play.
    ^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Codename V

As far as the sports games go, I personally think they suck on both systems as far as EA goes. Only next gen EA game I liked has been NCAA Football. And its even on both systems. I have 2k8 basketball and again the differences are pretty much nil on both systems. Sports wise the one stand out is imo MLB the Show, its the best baseball game outh there imo and its made by Sony.
    I agree completely. I'm actually bummed that I have a 360 and thus can't play MLB 08 The Show (though I can get it for my PS2, I guess).

I'm addicted to NCAA Football and NBA 2K8 (except for the fact I try to do an Association and it freezes up sometimes...which is weird).
    Last edited by Timone; 01-31-2008 at 05:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread