+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Football recruiting - Class of 2009

Well, you have a huge inside track on Larry Caper. Not sure if you have other RB targets as well, but I wouldn't be shocked if Caper commits within a month or two.
    I think if Campbell heads elsewhere it will be out-of-state, to that whore USC or something.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Well, you have a huge inside track on Larry Caper. Not sure if you have other RB targets as well, but I wouldn't be shocked if Caper commits within a month or two.
    I think if Campbell heads elsewhere it will be out-of-state, to that whore USC or something.
    I think we'll pick up 2 RB's. That wouldn't be unusual, and we only signed one this year.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

I could see State getting Caper along with Hersey Jackson or Jordan Jonker. I don't see them getting Jones or Edwin Baker.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I think if State picks up committments from Caper and Andrew Maxwell in the next month they would have the HUGE early momentum in the state of Michigan. I am wondering if many Michigan prospects will wait to see how RR's offense plays out before making any decisions or if our tradition is still enough to bring cats in right away.

I think we can honestly expect to see the "bowl game offense" versus the "West Virginia offense" this year as Threet looks to be in charge barring a TP committment.

Might as well stick this, because it's about time to get this thread rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

From Russell Shepherd, ATH/B.A. QB from Houston, Texas.........

Monday, January 28
    To was a very interesting day. We went through some intense workouts outside and while we were working out, some man comes close to me. I look at him like I have seen you before. My coach tells me after the man leaves that it was coach Mike Sherman and that he wants me to be the next Texas A&M quarterback.

Today I did a photo shoot for a magazine called Southeast Texas Magazine. It will be coming to newsstands near you. Ha Ha.

A.J. Highsmith, Jacob Karam, Kolby Gray, Kenneth Guiton were all there as well. I think I am going to have to change my number because people have been calling me like crazy for interviews. I have even been getting stuff in the mail for autographs. I just called coach (Urban) Myer and we had a good conversation. He thinks I can come in and compete for the starting quarterback position with Tim Tebow probably leaving early.

Tuesday, January 29
    I was in the weight room squatting today and I look up and Texas coach (Oscar) Giles was here. He is my recruiter from Texas he is the D-line coach. It was good to see him again.

But check this out, I was throwing with a couple of my receivers and coach (Rich) Rodriguez from Michigan was out watching me throw. Coach (Fred) Jackson was with him and he is my recruiting coach from Michigan. The head coach up at Oklahoma State was here as well.

I just got off the phone with coach (James) Patton and he is my recruiting coach from Oklahoma. I told him I would not be able to attend their junior Day February 2, but I am still interested in their school. He said it’s fine and that he and Coach (Bob) Stoops will be down tomorrow.

Wednesday, January 30
    Today was a good day. I just got off the phone with Tom Lemming. He wants my cousin (Craig Loston) and I to come down to a local TV station on signing day to be on his national TV show. Last year juniors Terrell Pryor and Darrell Scott were on there.

Just got off the phone with coach Rodriguez. That man knows how to recruit and I am serious. That 15-minute talk made a world of difference. If they don’t get Terrell Pryor, I feel I can come and have the job handed to me. I also talked to the head coach at Kansas State. He is a good man and I see them in a BCS game next year.

Thursday, January 31
    I just got invited to be on one of our local TV stations down here as one of the top prospects in the Class of 2009. Its called HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS LIVE. Tom Lemming also asked me to come on a local TV station to do an interview by satellite to New York. It’s getting kind of crazy with people calling and sending me mail. I think I am going to have to change my number.

Friday, February 1
    The university of Virginia offered me today and I think that is 20 offers now. I didn’t think they would be rolling in like this. If I had to pick a Top 5, it would be Michigan, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, and LSU (my girlfriend is a sophomore there). But knowing me that could change any minute. I am pretty excited about going up to Texas. If they don’t offer me while I am there, that will change the way I feel about them a lotttt.
    Last edited by FillyCheezeSteak; 02-07-2008 at 01:01 PM.

This is now the 2nd time I've heard him give a top 5 and both times he has listed Michigan #1. However, with his bitch being at LSU and Oklahoma and Texas in his backyard I consider this kid hard to get out of Texas. However again, there is a rumor that Texas has already received a committment from one of the top QB's in the nation for '09 already (supposed to be today).

I think his comments toward RR are a very good sign and I think this kid would be a SICK choice to run the spread zone read offense that we will have at some point.

Good stuff Crittle, where'd you get it from?

Love hearing the stuff about the amazing recruiter that RichRod is. How is Pryor not feeling it and jumping at the chance to drive the Ann Arbor Ferrari?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

What's with your Av Moodini? I can't understand the grammar in that thing.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    What's with your Av Moodini? I can't understand the grammar in that thing.
    Internet catchphrase from some '90's game - All your base are belong to us.

This is a play on that.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

+ Reply to Thread