+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 50
FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Football recruiting - Class of 2009

Blog Entries
    he's a 1 star on scout, and a 4 star on rivals...

I'm guessing he falls somewhere inbetween...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    he's 22 on scout, and 44 on rivals...

I'm guessing he falls somewhere inbetween...
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    HE'S A MAN! HE'S 40!!
    He's actually only 37. I'm worried about his health, though. Apparently he's Greg Oden's son.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    ^^ he's made of paper?

I see Moodini has been trolling on Scout. You can only use the term "Beast" when describing a player there. OK, you can sometimes say "Monster."

Some interesting news from Scout this morning: Quintin Washington is said to be leaning toward UM, with his father heavily in favor of him spending the next four years at home for the holidays (this is kind of a compromise with his Moms, who wants him to play closer to his hometown).

Remember Vladimir Emilien? The one-time OSU lock, then Wisconsin, then Stanford safety? Looking to announce on Monday morning, and the Master on Scout thinks it looks good for Michigan.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    If we can round out or class with Emilen, Washington, Campbell, Bond, Lewan, and Jenkins, we'll be set...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    If we can round out or class with Emilen, Washington, Campbell, Bond, Lewan, and Jenkins, we'll be set...
    Hey, toss in Ruben Randle and a few more five stars, and HELLZ yeah, the class would be one of the all-time greats.
    I am not at all optimistic on Jenkins, and Campbell. On Campbell: A) I don't get the hoopla. I've watched all the Zapruder Film on him, and the kid doesn't seem like the terror that Scout Bootlickers (thanks bukky) peg him as. He doesn't play with intensity, and his technique is sorry. And, he's from Detroit. Big project if you axe me. B) Why the decommit, and no announcement that he's coming back yet? He's gotta know what that would mean to Michigan recruiting especially now. USC has said, "Um, no thanks, Willie". If Pete Carroll don't want you (especially after snagging Rojo and Nick Perry the last two years), hmmmmm. Just sayin'
    But to close out with Emilien, Lewan and Washington would be pretty fucking good as well. I am in agreement with guys on Scout who say that some names that will end up Blue in February are not on our (posters) radar yet. It will be an interesting time between now and signing day.
    And is MSU going to sign anybody else? It seems they've grown cold cold cold on the recruiting trail.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    And is MSU going to sign anybody else? It seems they've grown cold cold cold on the recruiting trail.
    Maybe you should start one of those nifty little countdown things?
    Find a new slant.

My biggest question at this point is this:
    If Campbell recommits, is there any chance they move him to the offensive line? With LaLota and Roh, and now Graves combining with Martin and Van Bergen, they may have the luxury of considering it. I'm not sure where he has more upside.
    Interesting thing is I've heard such polar opposite takes on Campbell, from he's completely dominant to he's a waste of size and ability.
    I've heard multiple Alan Branch comparisons.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    MSU seems to be working harder at getting people involved with the 2010 class, such as William Gholston, and having already locked up Max Bullough. However there should be 4 more spots in this class, which are very to be determined. Dion Sims is supposed to be very favorable, but that's been that way for a while, so you wonder if something changed. Jeremy Gainer has opened things up and MSU is supposed to be involved. There is a push for Michael Buchanan, but that appears to be a longshot. Cameron Gordon appears to be coming back on the radar. Also there appear to be some hopes that Dylan Farrington, or someone else will work out their academics and then get a committable offer and sign.

Pretty much with the last 4 spots I see it going down somthing like this:
    Dion Sims
    Instate name that has been around for a while(Gainer, Gordon, Farrington)
    2 people who aren't on the radar, possibly decommits with the yearly coaching turnover

I wouldn't be surprised to see another 2010 signing before a 2009 one though. With only 4 spots left, I see MD holding onto at least 2 till January in the hopes of getting a big-timer or 2. Also, there is always the potential for the WHO?!?!? person - such as Keshawn Martin from last year. The player who comes out of nowhere and is a legit, but overlooked prospect.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

+ Reply to Thread