+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 50
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Football recruiting - Class of 2009

Blog Entries
    RR will get his guy, he's not going to go 2 full recruiting seasons without landing his prized big-time dual threat QB, he'll land Sheppard...

A boob like Mack Brown shouldn't be anything to worry about...

Caper didn't have a good showing at the Army combine according to Scout. Slow 40 time, and appeared too bulked up.
    teric Jones, on the other hand, looked great. Ran a 4.37 40. Michigan will probably set their sights on him and let Sparty have Caper. I'll take that trade.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

He's a much better fit at State, and they need to get him. From reports I've heard, they've been in on him enough that it would be a major shock if he leaves the state of Michigan. He'll never end up in Ann Arbor, but the threat is there for him to head out of state. If MSU misses out on Ingram and Caper in successive years, ouch.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    Caper should go to MSU, Ringer will be gone, and he will get instant carries...now if a bigger fish comes calling for him (ND, SEC Team, or w/e) than I wouldn't be shocked to see him go elsewhere...

I doubt he comes to Michigan...and I don't blame him

Seeing as to how Michigan has Grady, Minor, Brown, Horn, McGuffie, Cox, and possibly 17 other RB/slot types, there's no need for an RB unless he's really friggin' good.
    Jones, yes, or purseue a 5 star or two. No need fro Caper.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

I'd be very happy with Jones and Ronnie Wingo, but I have a hard time believing they can sell playing time to 2 running backs in this class. It was reported today that Shaw is a RB/WR that will play RB 75/25. So add Shaw to that list. Technically when football season starts we'll have 3 juniors and 4 freshman and adding 2 guys to that stable would be a very tough sell.

Yeah, to be honest, I don't really know why ANY RB would commit for the class of 09. Just way too much depth. USC still fins a way to sign 4 stud RB's every year in spite of it, but I just don't believe Jones will come unless he digs UM so much that he'll play DB or something. He may even be better than guys on the roster and steal some carries or reps in the slot, but I just don't see it.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

T-Rob, M. Shaw and M. Odoms are all slot receivers. Coach Rod will bring in 3-4 more receivers in next year's class I read that he likes to have a lot of WR since he runs 4 wide a lot.

Dont sleep on Forcier. His dad will send another QB to Michigan if he feels like the fit is good. The youngest Forcier is a dual threat and would be a great 2nd QB in this class with any of the top QB. Forcier is top 10 dual threat QBs this coming season.

DL, QB, DB are the major areas that we need to get on next year. Another 2 DT, 2-3 DE, 1-2 CB, 2 QB and 2 S. Add in 5 OL, 1-2 LB, 2 RB and 3-4 WR and that takes you up to 25 or so players. The one position we are pretty much set at and can pass on next year is TE unless a Dion Sims wants to play at UM.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

What about Edwin Baker for MSU's radar in 09...He has good times and stuff, on Scout it says he has an offer from Texas and Georgia.

Blog Entries
    Who does State have lined up to take the carries once Ringer leaves???

Heaven forbid AJ Jimmerson has to carry the load. He's awful. Dantonio needs to make Capers his #1 Priority...

+ Reply to Thread