+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Football recruiting - Class of 2009

Football recruiting - Class of 2009

A week from now, once all the major prospects have signed LOI's, the attention will heavily fall on the 09 class.
    Rivals has released its top 100 for that class already.

I hate USC. The class of 08 hasn't even signed yet and USC already has verbal commitments from 5 guys the top 100, a group which includes the #1 overall.

Michigan has a commit from the #11 overall, 5 star DT William Campbell. He committed very early, just like his current teammate and 08 commit Cissoko. Will be interesting to see if he waivers as he gets national attention. UM is recruiting his classmate, RB Teric Jones, as well.

Jones is one of several instate RB's to get early attention. That group is headlined by Larry Caper, and also includes Hersey Jackson and Jordan Jonker.
    Another Jackson, WR James Jackson, is on the radar as well. It just so happens that his father is UM coach Fred Jackson. The top ranked WR in the state is Dion Sims from Orchard Lake St Mary's. He will have a decision to make, as he is also one of the top hoops players in his class.

More info later. Maybe a week early to start this thread, but I was motivated by rivals.
    http://www.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1936
    We had subs. It was crazy.

One other thing you may want to know about James Jackson -
    according to scout (who has him as a 4 star) he has RIDICULOUS speed.
    4.31 40!
    http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=3216722

is 4.31 even possible? lol. i'd like to see him do that with regularity. doesnt matter though, in ncaa football i regularly recruit guys with 4.17 40's that would smoke him.

Barwis can run a 1.4 forty. That kid needs some work.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

I believe Teric Jones has run a 4.39. Could you imagine getting those two at UM with Barwis there and a coaching staff that actually takes advantage of speed? We might actually see plays of over 50 yards on a regular basis.
    Meanwhile, I'm dreaming of a potential line with Campbell and Martin mauling the middle and Perry coming around the end. Come on Perry, make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    is 4.31 even possible? lol. i'd like to see him do that with regularity. doesnt matter though, in ncaa football i regularly recruit guys with 4.17 40's that would smoke him.
    Word homes. I actually recruited a 3 star RB who ran a 4.18 but couldn't do anything else. =(

Addictive game.

NCAA has it set up so that if your 250 pound 6'4 LB's don't run better than a 4.45 you get destroyed because they are too slow.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

By the way, I need to correct something I posted. Instate WR James Jackson is NOT the son of Fred Jackson. Yes, Fred Jackson does have a son that is a highly regarded WR in his class and his first name starts with J, but it is actually 2010 WR prospect Jeremy Jackson that is Fred's son. Sorry for any confusion that might have caused. All the stuff about 40 times fits James, the non-son of Fred.

Ok, now that the class of 2008 is almost completely signed and sealed (still waiting on the #1 player) we can really start to turn our focus.
    I'm not sure how Teric Jones could possibly fit in at this point. UM just signed FOUR 4-star RB's. It's quite possible that two of them will become slot guys, but I'm not thinking there's a great reason for any RB to sign with UM next season.

The defense will need plenty of help. We got a DT, a real nice group of LB's, and some safeties. If we can keep Campbell committed we are beautiful up the middle. But we seriously will need help along the outsides of the field.

I think we'll be ok at WR, but no reason not to take a couple more.

But with RR wanting to carry 5 QB's, that quite obviously becomes an area to focus on. With Pryor, they still probably sign at least one more if possible. Without, the race is on for a couple names that have been mentioned in other threads - with Newton being the target I would guess they focus on the most.

I guess we better press hard after Teric, and get him to convince his friend to wear green.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

+ Reply to Thread