View Poll Results: In the 2008 NBA Playoffs, the Spurs will...

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...make it to the Western Conference Finals, at least

7 58.33%
  • ...get knocked out before the WCF

5 41.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 87
FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Spurs done?

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    I wonder if they'll even use the MLE if they get too far over. $5m = $10m
    Good question. They have to add somebody up front. TD and Bonner isn't enough. They don't really have any wiggle room either. They could move Mason and Bonner, but they only make between 3-4 mil each. You might be able to shave a mil or two with cheaper backups but that is it.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    That's why I think Bowen might end up back there. He'll probably take the vet's minimum.

They may need 3 more players to do that, too.
    Find a new slant.

they need a couple bigs to do that. Time to call up EC and CWebb!
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    That will really help the youth movement, too.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Unless they've decided to trade Manu, which I can't see right now because of his injuries, they'd be selling low.

It has been speculated, though, he's got a new contract coming soon, I think.
    Find a new slant.

After next year his contract is up. I would assume they'd just sign him for a couple years (probably cheaper if he continues to decline) and go into all out rebuilding mode in a few years.

Basically they'd have TP past his prime, TD and Manu possibly retired, and RJ moved on (unless he took a pay cut). They will be drastically thin on talent unless they find steals like TP. They could have a lot of cap space if they time it all right, but no real draw (an aging TP isn't that big of a draw).

Blog Entries
    And they'll have a new coach, too. (Probably Avery)
    Find a new slant.

They could probably sign a couple players cashing in on big pay days, but that's probably it.

I don't think San Antonio fans are freaking out about the rebuilding years.

Their front office has proven to be pretty good over the last 5 years.

Building around Parker will be difficult, but it's not impossible. Wouldn't he be the "new" Steve Nash in 2 or 3 years?

One stud big man and that team could rebuild pretty quickly IMO
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

One stud big man and anyone can rebuild pretty quickly.

Except the Raptors, they're shit.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread