View Poll Results: In the 2008 NBA Playoffs, the Spurs will...

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...make it to the Western Conference Finals, at least

7 58.33%
  • ...get knocked out before the WCF

5 41.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 87
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Spurs done?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archdiocese
    Hell, weren't the Pistons losing to teams like Atlanta, Charlotte, and Memphis on their way back to the Finals?
    Again, not just basing this on recent losses.

I've actually watched them play and they look old, slow and the depth that they used to have is just not there.

Better yet, let's have some of you "believers" go on record with your predictions of how far, in specific terms, that you think the Spurs will go this year.
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    The Spurs have had enough of a history of success where I'm not inclined to count them out until after it's happened, kinda like how economists define "recession". (The same goes for the Pistons, BTW.) My first instinct when I saw the thread title was to post something about TD swatting this shit to The Stands.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ledezma
    PJ Carlesimo > Gregg Popovich

Something to ponder.
    I'm sure the Sonics would happily give PJ up for Pops.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

The spurs always use the "circus trip" which they are currently on as the point they begin their second half surge towards playoff supremacy. This year they have already started 0-2 with 7 more games to play. We'll see what happens when they head east to play the cream puffs of the eastern conference but I'm guessing this is the end of the spurs for 2008.

The Spurs/Celtics game on 2/10 will be the ultimate indicator of whether or not the spurs are done. The game tonight will also tell us how much drive this team has to repeat.

I'm still picking Utah to come out of the west. The west is wide open this year and none of the teams are really that good. Boston will stomp all over whichever team they face in the finals.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by yargs
    I'm still picking Utah to come out of the west. The west is wide open this year and none of the teams are really that good. Boston will stomp all over whichever team they face in the finals.
    I'm sorry but i seriously doubt they could make up for doc rivers weak coaching and no depth vs Dallas, the spurs, or even the suns. Though they are undefeated against the west, they havent played phoenix, spurs, or dallas. Utah is not good enough to come out the west past those 3 teams. When the playoffs hit, that'll show imo.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I think Utah has a chance against them. I don't think they would be the favorite, but I think they at least have a chance. And ultimately, at some point, Doc Rivers will lose some games for the Celtics in the playoffs. Whether it will be enough to keep them from winning a championship or not, no one knows. But he will make some stupid decisions that cost them games.
    _

I agree. As bad as a coach as Flip is, Doc Rivers is right there with him.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Better yet, let's have some of you "believers" go on record with your predictions of how far, in specific terms, that you think the Spurs will go this year.
    Western Conference Finals, at worst.

My prediction:

After a hard fought first round series with Dallas or N.O. they get bounced in the 2nd round by the Suns.

IF the Spurs can get something going in the 2nd half to secure their division the senario changes. I see a first round matchup with Portland maybe and a little bit easier time advancing. They are well rested when facing Utah and get by them, facing the Suns where it is a toss up and the winner makes the finals.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 01-31-2008 at 12:16 PM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    You know, I thought before the season Utah would avenge their loss to SA last year and bounce the Spurs out...but I want them to go to the WCF, maybe even the NBA Finals, to piss Glenn off.

They signed Damon Stoudemire, since Mr. Longoria is out indefinitely, BTW.

+ Reply to Thread