View Poll Results: In the 2008 NBA Playoffs, the Spurs will...

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...make it to the Western Conference Finals, at least

7 58.33%
  • ...get knocked out before the WCF

5 41.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 87
FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Spurs done?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    To me the Pistons of the 2000's are like the Dallas Stars recently. They've been good for a while (until this year, which is similar to the Pistons). They won a title, but were never the dominant or favorite team. They had a good 6-7 year run of being in contention though.
    Solid example. I was trying to think of a team from another sport that fit the profile.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Solid example. I was trying to think of a team from another sport that fit the profile.

Bash Brother A's? They had 5-6 good years there, but with a couple meh ones mixed in.

Braves. They were regular division champs and did well, had that great pitching.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    yeah, i would say the dominant teams were Detroit, Colorado and NJ during that time. Dallas was just a good team that only got the job done once.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

The Stars and the Braves are great comparisons. I think the A's one is real solid too. How about the Suns (over more than one decade) for basketball? Or Stockton, Malone and their Jazz teams?

Ok. You're right. So it's a competitive, maybe even dominant team that never lived up to it's potential and only got one championship.

Blog Entries
    Hey Gl'enn, how does first place in the division sound?

Blog Entries
    ^ no rush.
    Last edited by Timone; 03-25-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for your opportunistic post after that great 1 point win at home over the Warriors last night. Opportunistic posts are always welcomed in this thread.

Actually, winning the division might make the playoff ouster more painful for Spurs fans, so I'm cool with it.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread