View Poll Results: In the 2008 NBA Playoffs, the Spurs will...

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...make it to the Western Conference Finals, at least

7 58.33%
  • ...get knocked out before the WCF

5 41.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 87
FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Spurs done?

Glenn does have a school board and bond vote in his city today.

I have seen Glenn in Meijers twice.

Blog Entries
    I have no problem with Meijer or the Meijer family.

I have it on good word that they despise Manu Ginobili.

And Herm, that's kinda creepy.
    Find a new slant.

So you guys like hang out? You ever eat any of Hermy's cooking Glenn?
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    He's apparently seen me, but I have no idea what he looks like so I am left to assume that he's the old lady in front of aisle 8 that is always trying to push those samples of Meijer brand shit on me.

Say hello, next time, Herm (but only if I am alone, mmk? It would be an odd thing to explain to the family).
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I'm hard to miss, so if I saw Glenn in a store he'd know it's me.

Blog Entries
    So....the Spurs.

I think if the Hornets can grab a game in SA, they might be able to end it in 5.

More likely, it goes 7 with the home team winning every game.

I can see the Spurs winning handily at home with the home cooking and the flopping.

Chandler is going to be in foul trouble from the opening whistle in SA.
    Last edited by Glenn; 05-06-2008 at 12:21 PM.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    He's apparently seen me, but I have no idea what he looks like so I am left to assume that he's the old lady in front of aisle 8 that is always trying to push those samples of Meijer brand shit on me.

Say hello, next time, Herm (but only if I am alone, mmk? It would be an odd thing to explain to the family).

If I catch ya in the next month I'll say yo. Moving to Lake Orion in June. My pic is on my workplace website.

If you do see me you can say hi whenever. My wife knows I roll hard.

Anyway, the Spurs. They are IMO doing what they have always done, but the Hornets speed is just too much for a team that has never been athletic. Paul always looks like he's walking, but he walks right past every defender. And West is a star and deserves to be treated as suck. Biggest advantage the Hornets hold though is just not making mistakes, which used to be the Spurs boat. Maybe that's what makes them look old, they're pressing.

So....the Spurs.

I think if the Hornets can grab a game in SA, they might be able to end it in 5.

More likely, it goes 7 with the home team winning every game.

I can see the Spurs winning handily at home with the home cooking and the flopping.

Chandler is going to be in foul trouble from the opening whistle in SA.
    I say spurs win next two, then Hornets win out in 6.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries

As for the playoffs, I still expect the Lakers to win it all. I haven't decided yet, though, whether it'll be Boston or Detroit coming out of the East. I'd love for it to be Boston, but I can't help but have my doubts based on how the Celtics were exposed by the Atlanta Hawks in the first round. That series went 7 games because Boston couldn't deal with Atlanta's athleticism, nor could Boston defend well off the dribble.

As for the Hornets, I'm shocked at what they've done to the Spurs thus far, but the reality is that I shouldn't be. New Orleans is younger and quicker with more hunger. Plus, San Antonio has had trouble scoring all season long. If Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are not clicking on all cylinders, it's tough for the Spurs. And that was before they faced anyone like Paul, so imagine how things are for them right now.

I'm picking the Hornets to win this series. Haven't decided yet whether it would be in 5 or 7 games. That would totally depend on San Antonio winning both Games 3 and 4. If not, the series ends in 5 because New Orleans is not going to lose at home.

Holla at ya'll later.
    TRANSLATION:

THE SPURS ARE OLD AND SLOW
    Find a new slant.

THE SPURS ARE OLD AND SLOW
    TRANSLATION:

DONE
    _

+ Reply to Thread