+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 rumor For E-Ray

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

PS3 rumor For E-Ray

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    No more games coming out for it that I am looking forward to other than the next Bioshock/Mass Effect. That and I am taking up more reading. The plan is to pick up a PS3 after the next price drop or so.

We were glad to bring you the news of the $299 Playstation 3 yesterday when it was still very much under wraps. We have told you yesterday that there will be a new Playstation 3 model. This is partly true. The changes to the new Playstation 3 model are only aesthetic. The new Playstation 3 model for the United States is the exact same one that launched in Japan a couple months ago. The specifications are identical to that of the regular 40GB Playstation 3 available today in the US. Sadly this new 40GB Playstation 3 will have the same shortcomings as its older counterpart in the respect that it will be missing backwards compatibility and will have no memory-card readers.

The new Playstation 3's will be shipping to US retailers any day. From what we heard, the new consoles will be arriving to retailers Friday night this week, and will go on sale Monday. Demand is expected to be very high, but Sony is supposedly cutting down on supply of the new console.

The regular 40GB Playstation 3 will also be dropping in price to match its counterpart at $299, but sadly the 80GB Playstation 3 will only be benefiting from a $50 price-drop, to $449.99

As of Monday, January 28, 2008 there will be 3 Playstation 3 SKU's available in the US market.

40GB White Playstation 3 - $299.99 (missing B/C, 2 USB ports, and memory-card readers)
    40GB Black Playstation 3 - $299.99 (missing B/C, 2 USB ports, and memory-card readers)
    80GB Black Playstation 3 - $449.99 (software based B/C, 4 USB pots, has memory card readers)

No news on a 80GB Ceramic White Playstation 3 as of right now, but Sony is staying open to the idea. Their game plan as of right now is to move as many Playstation 3 units by March, 31, 2008 as possible, this has to do something with Warner's exclusivity deal, we'll get back to you on this as soon as we learn more.
    http://gamerumor.blogspot.com/2008/0...station-3.html
    Rumor so far.
    Last edited by Black Dynamite; 01-25-2008 at 10:34 PM.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Good lookin' out. I had already known of this, and was actually talking about the price drop after the impending 299. Although I may spring for one sooner rather than later, it's really up in the air.

Do the other platforms play live too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Do the other platforms play live too?
    Nope, its xbox live..PS3 uses PsN network which is free, but has less options. Though they supposedly are looking to close that gap a little bit with PSN Home. Either way it goes online at the same pace as live if not better connection wise(if you dont count those shitty EA servers). thats all i care about. But that's just me.
    ^

Bump...

Any new news i have not been able to find anything on the $299 PS3.
    Last edited by Jmich24; 01-29-2008 at 06:35 PM.
    I want Michigan State to win every game they play, except Michigan.

Nothing, it was a fun rumor though. i think the new one is that it'll happe on the 31st, personal'y Its a deal at 400 dollars getting a blu ray plater and next gen system in one package. But its all subjective, so i'm sure some people are looking for it to hit 299.99
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Codename V
    Nope, its xbox live..PS3 uses PsN network which is free, but has less options. Though they supposedly are looking to close that gap a little bit with PSN Home. Either way it goes online at the same pace as live if not better connection wise(if you dont count those shitty EA servers). thats all i care about. But that's just me.
    Lucky for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Lucky for you.
    Not the "i cant play you so i can brag" trash talk. No shame whatsoever Tahoe. All the better, i'd make you turn the game off for a couple weeks.
    ^

Blog Entries
    o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0h

You know this gaming is like a lot of things. Some nights for no known reason, I'm spot on, and others I can't hit shit. Its so much more fun and rewarding when you are thumping peeps.

+ Reply to Thread