+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trade idea: Dice/Brezec/Herrmann for Sammy Dalembert

Apperently Joe isn't a backstabber.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

So that's why we haven't give up shitty contracts for David Lee yet. Joe won't backstab the worst GM in the league for one of his only good players.
    _

Why does Philly even consider this...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxation
    Why does Philly even consider this...
    I'll take a stab.

To shed Sammy's contract and get two expirings and a classy vet big man in return?
    Find a new slant.

i think dalembert IS a bad player.

He relies entirely on his athleticism. I used to think he would develop into a HUGE defensive presence but he just never got the mind for it. Kind of like Tyson Chandler there for a while, although he's starting to finally put it together.
    _

Blog Entries
    Eww, why the F would we want Samuel Dalembert...albeit he is the only NBA player ever born in Haiti, but he never takes advantage of his size (kind of like Primoz) and he's WAYYY overpaid...

Blog Entries
    Didn't we just get rid of Nazr Mohammed's contract??? Why the hell would we basically want to bring it back on again??? Thats what Samuel Dalembert would do...

While I brought up the idea, I'm definitely not thinking this is a slam dunk deal for the Pistons. I brought it up for discussion because I was looking at the realistic options to shore up our rebounding and inside defensive presence.

But I think people are being pretty blind on Dalembert. Is he a future David Robinson? Hell no, but he's not an awful player. He's averaging a double-double (11.4 ppg, 10.1 rpg) and 2.4 bpg in 33 minutes. Those are nice numbers. His contract is rough, but I'm not sure you're going to get many big men who aren't overpaid. It's the way of the league. The second a 7-footer shows potential, they're given a big contract.

Is he a basketball savior guaranteed to bring the Pistons a championship? Obviously not. But he's 13th in the league in rebounds and 6th in blocks. Not too shabby for a 26-year-old with some upside left.

Quote Originally Posted by defrocked
    While I brought up the idea, I'm definitely not thinking this is a slam dunk deal for the Pistons. I brought it up for discussion because I was looking at the realistic options to shore up our rebounding and inside defensive presence.

But I think people are being pretty blind on Dalembert. Is he a future David Robinson? Hell no, but he's not an awful player. He's averaging a double-double (11.4 ppg, 10.1 rpg) and 2.4 bpg in 33 minutes. Those are nice numbers. His contract is rough, but I'm not sure you're going to get many big men who aren't overpaid. It's the way of the league. The second a 7-footer shows potential, they're given a big contract.

Is he a basketball savior guaranteed to bring the Pistons a championship? Obviously not. But he's 13th in the league in rebounds and 6th in blocks. Not too shabby for a 26-year-old with some upside left.
    I can't disagree that he's a solid player but then again his numbers are on a pretty bad team which means that they could be a little exagerrated. When you look at the fact taht he hasn't improved much over the years and has a pretty awful contract, I'd steer clear. The cap flexibility would be far more valuable.

+ Reply to Thread