+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1/19/08 primaries!

I remember you saying that....re:NH.

GO MCCAIN! He seems to be my only hope to pull some indis or maybe even some conservative Dems and others who hate Hill.

i liked him alot in 2000. however, he seems to have sold his soul to GWHB's croneys since then. not only does that offend me, i think that makes him unelectable.

too bad. at one point i thought he would have been the perfect president. however, months back i rolled out a poll how ~30 % of the country would not vote for a nominee >70 years old, i dont think that applies to mcain. his mom is still alive. if your mom is still alive, all qs about your age are resolved, i beleive.

ive taken political identification tests where i identify 100% with hilary (grrrrre!!!) but i think i would still rather mcain than hil. but only by a hair.

i think a dem will hold office in 09, though.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    McCain reported for his neocon evangelist brainwashing after 2000. Every now and then, he fights it, but then returns to the Bush script.

I think McCain more than any other politician is going to tell you the truth. BO is right there with him...I think anyway...I don't know that much about BO.

Another thing I like about McCain is that he isn't religious. Not his thing. I think that is why so many indis will vote for him.

He was going to sink or swim with the surge. He's stayed pretty much steadfast in his feelings about the war. Agree with them or disagree with them, peeps felt like they knew where he stood. When the surge started working and things got better in Iraq, he got some momentum going again.

I'd say that was true in 2000, but I'm not so sure now. I sense restraint and Prozac in many of his recent interviews, like he could've blown a gasket over something, if not for something getting in the way. He went from blasting the 'agent of intolerance' Jerry Falwell to speaking at his university, now supports teaching of intelligent design in schools, had a recent "conversion" from being Episcopalian to Baptist, went from blasting the Confederate flag to supporting it as a sign of heritage, then back again, etc. He's pandering. Of course, all politicians pander to some degree, even the Ron Paul/Russ Feingold types, but pandering to the religious folks scares the crap out of me.

Oh, there's one exception -- this politician does not pander:

Same boat, loved McCain in 2000, now I hate him more than hill. The steroid thing offended the hell outa me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy

Oh, there's one exception -- this politician does not pander:
    Shh! Don't wake him!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Same boat, loved McCain in 2000, now I hate him more than hill. The steroid thing offended the hell outa me.
    What steroid thing?

I thought he's been consistently anti-steroids in baseball, but honestly I haven't paid too much attention. The federal involvement in America's pastime is part of the pandering all politicians do. I'm against the antitrust exception that baseball has because it encourages such political antics, and distracts from the serious business of running the country.

Holy shit, now we need to know what the candidates stance on steroids are? <---joking

mxy...McCain won't give 2 squirts of piss about promoting the religious rights agenda if he's elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    mxy...McCain won't give 2 squirts of piss about promoting the religious rights agenda if he's elected.
    I had similar thoughts when I voted for Bush Sr. I figured the 1970s moderate pro-choice guy who coined "voodoo economics" would reassert himself once President in 1988. That never quite happened, though I think that history will be kinder to Bush Sr.'s term when (inevitably) compared to Bush Jr. I suspect McCain will be content to let bad things happen on many fronts. He talks the talk, but at the end of the day, he's not a maverick on many fronts.

+ Reply to Thread