+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1/19/08 primaries!

hilary thinks she won by 4 - 5%

hilary wins. im devistated.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Obama won more delegates than Hillary did -- 13 to 12.

It turns out they have a quasi-electoral college thing going at the Nevada state level, so while Obama got slightly less of the popular vote, he did better overall in the state (everywhere but Clark Countny) and wins overall:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...3j3dwD8U99ECO1

Nevada was the first western state in competition in the presidential nominating contests. Clinton won the popular vote, but Barack Obama edged her out for national convention delegates at stake, taking 13 to her 12.
    It should be noted that Obama got the same # of electable delegates as Clinton in NH, despite her narrow win, and got the same in Iowa. He hasn't lost in the elected delegate math in any state thus far. Innnnnteresting...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21660914/
    Last edited by Uncle Mxy; 01-19-2008 at 11:16 PM.

damnit, and i was aware of this nonsense too. god am i a moron. however, i only knew this in regard to the general election, maybe didnt realize it applied to the primaries.

BO needs to be shouting this from the rooftops. it would really help with perceptions, going into super tuesday.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I think a SC win will give him more momentum going into Super Tuesday. What isn't clear to me is the impact of Florida on any of them. Theoretically, it has no impact since no delegates are at stake, but all the candidates are on the ballot.

Well............. I guess I'm in McCains camp. I couldn't vote for Huck, ever..cept vs Hillary.

So a middle of the road Republican it is.

McCain vs BO would make an interesting race..fighting for the indis. I think McCain would beat Hillary.

quick q. from what i watched of the primaries today, i would say bill got about 10 to 20 x more coverage than hilary. did anyone else notice this.

the question: is this hilary's campaign or bill's campaign? im down with obama, but two more terms of bill would be much more palatable than two terms of hilary.

i realize i might be about 12 months behind the pack here, but today was kind of a wake up call. i mean, if its gonna be president hilary in the kitchen making sandwiches while the boys talk politics, im cool with that.

wow.

The guys I listen to have been saying that Bill has been hurting Hillary, UNTIL TONIGHT. They said Bill helped Hill out a huge amount in Nevada. They said he was there all week, pounding the pavement, etc. Props to Bill. I just wish he wouldn't be trying to get my worst fear elected Prez.

ps: if i were obama's strategist, i would paint this as obama vs bill, and suggest that hilary is just a puppet. well, put better than that, anyway. this is kind of counterintuitive, because clinton is obviously wildly popular and if he were running this wouldnt be much of a race.

but there would be something ingenuous (not sure thats the word im looking for) electing the first woman president when we really are just electing a former president again.

but if obama posed the question: "am i running against hilary or bill?" i think it could really work out well for him.

something to concider from a guy who's working on bottle #2 of 3 buck chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    The guys I listen to have been saying that Bill has been hurting Hillary, UNTIL TONIGHT. They said Bill helped Hill out a huge amount in Nevada. They said he was there all week, pounding the pavement, etc. Props to Bill. I just wish he wouldn't be trying to get my worst fear elected Prez.
    i dont know. i heard that he was sent to obama strongholds in NH and completely tore them up. but no doubt he was the man in nevada.

+ Reply to Thread