+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20
FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: DSC's MSU Football Thread

bball...............you have to admit that if you were to randomly come into this thread and read a few pages it would be easy to characterize your post as "zippy-esque." It was a good post and obviously one you needed to get off your chest, but it really came out of leftfield and sounded like you were trying to bitchslap some MLive posters or SpartanMag posters.

Quote Originally Posted by bball11
    Ha unless your a spartan fan on other MSU boards, and you preach about lineman(LaLota or Matthias) being potential basketball prospects, than no that didn't pertain to you. I was just referring to lala spartan football fanatics who want to think of any excuse to muster up hope for a solid OL to head to E.L. Indeed Sims is a two way player. But realistically if MSU basketball wants to remain decent, they need better basketball talent rather than two way players who may switch to focus on one sport. Your comprehension level is nearing the edge of down-syndrome if you didn't understand my previous post.
    We aren't costing BBall spots for these kids. It just gives us a group of practice squad kids who are as athletically talented as top 25 teams. Which is good for the starters to see.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    sounded like you were trying to bitchslap some MLive posters or SpartanMag posters.
    My initial point was to say that the whole idea of MSU having the advantage with football prospects because they can play basketball is getting out of hand by most MSU fans and wondered if anyone else thought the same. It is just frustrating to see that focus for basketball prospects has seemed to cool down on prospects like Howell, Wilson, Stewart, and Riley.
    Last edited by bball11; 03-11-2008 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bball11
    My initial point was to say that the whole idea of MSU having the advantage with football prospects because they can play basketball is getting out of hand by most MSU fans and wondered if anyone else thought the same. It is just frustrating to see that focus for basketball prospects has seemed to cool down on prospects like Howell, Wilson, Stewart, and Riley.
    Howell and Riley both have had their skills question and their upside lowered. There're reasons why MSU have backed off of both. Stewart and Wilson were both longshots from the get go. The only real "loss" thus far has been Strickland and with with PG's recruited in both the 2007 as well as 2008 classes and with yet another PG seemingly in the pipeline in 2010 with Keith Appling, missing out on Dexter isn't looking like too critical of a loss at all for MSU hoops. They need big men and swing forwards...not more undersized combo point guards.
    Last edited by JackTalkThai; 03-12-2008 at 01:02 PM.

Commit from Blake Treadwell. 6'2 270 4.9, Crabtree sees him as a center, but he plays DT/OG/C.

Donald Spencer is up to 6'4, which definitely helps his standing.

Crabtree called Baker and Caper definite top100 guys, Norman a definite 4 star, Spencer 'one of the better WR's in the midwest', and Treadwell one of the 'best centers in the midwest'.

Is Izzo going "small ball", recruiting a 6'2 center?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

From a Sparty on a Sparty board regarding Treadwell:

Most think he is a lower level Big Ten talent. He wont be getting offers from OSU, or UM, but I would bet Iowa, Northwestern, Indiana and such would have offered him if he was in state for them. Not a huge huge talent, but if he was good enough to get an offer this early, he has to be somewhat good.

I think it was SM who said it, but if he was a lower level talent, he probably would have walked-on at MSU, or even a grey-shirt offer. It seems like he is a nice talent.

Though I gotta admit: "One of the best centers in the midwest" is kind of like saying, well, one of the best centers in the midwest. No, it is in fact JUST like saying "One of the best centers in the midwest". But what the HELL does that mean, and what is that Sparty talking about" "lower level big ten talent" to "nice talent" in the span of three sentences?
    Geez, if the dumb fucker would have written a paragraph, Treadwell would be All America by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Though I gotta admit: "One of the best centers in the midwest" is kind of like saying, well, one of the best centers in the midwest. No, it is in fact JUST like saying "One of the best centers in the midwest". But what the HELL does that mean, and what is that Sparty talking about" "lower level big ten talent" to "nice talent" in the span of three sentences?
    Geez, if the dumb fucker would have written a paragraph, Treadwell would be All America by now.
    Best centers in the midwest means a solid 3 star. People don't play center. So that's how that works out. Golic's kid was laughed at for being an AA gamer, and was a 3 star, #8 at his position.

+ Reply to Thread