+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: DSC's MSU Football Thread

http://michiganstate.scout.com/a.z?s...=1&nid=3596171

What do you think about Tyler Copacia. Thats some pretty good starter schools on his list. I think Dantonio should definitely go for two Qb's in this class.

Macomb County (MI) has produced some outstanding quarterbacks over the years. Most recently, the MAC Red conference produced James Stallons, now at Wisconsin. Utica Eisenhower has the next great QB from the area in junior passer Taylor Copacia.

Taylor Copacia turned in quite a junior season. After being thrown into the fire part way through his sophomore season, he showed much more comfort and poise a year ago as he racked up 2038 yards on 192 of 315 passing and 14 touchdowns.
    Not one to rest on his laurels, Copacia has been hard at work for next season and beyond, as he is taking the steps to make himself more attractive to college teams.

"I'm 6'4, 190 now," he reported, "I've gained 15 pounds since the season, I've been lifting a lot with a trainer. It does affect my dancing, and some of the dresses I like to wear, but it will all work out, by the grace of Judy Garland" said Copacia, a regular drag queen performer in the Royal Oak gay bar circuit.

The added weight will help, but schools have already been after the talented passer. The mail has been coming in and he will soon head to his first junior day.

"Michigan State is the main one right now, I'm going to their junior day the next Sunday. I have mail from Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, although I don't know what will happen there because I'm not a running QB, Wisconsin, Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Boston College and we sent out more tapes so we're just starting to get replies."

Copacia says no college coaches have been to Eisenhower just yet, but several have said they are coming soon.

He will be trying out for the Elite 11 in Pennsylvania and then head to several school camps this summer. Until then, it's all about continuing to work on developing his game.

"I would have to say my accuracy is my biggest strength," he said, "I've been working on my throwing power, I've been working out alot. My life partner, Randy, understands"

Sounds like Sparty material to me!
    Last edited by Zip Goshboots; 02-28-2008 at 08:59 PM.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

I saw commits Burrell and Smith with Dion Sims at the Breslin today. I think I saw Capers too but I'm not quite sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bball11
    I saw commits Burrell and Smith with Dion Sims at the Breslin today. I think I saw Capers too but I'm not quite sure.
    I wouldn't complain if we brought those 2 in.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

People have been saying that James Jackson was there too, but i didn't spot him. I really hope he was, the Breslin was crazy in the 1st half.

Quote Originally Posted by bball11
    Capers was there on Sunday. He was having a pretty good time too.

Looks like it's official, Caper is a Sparty! Scout saying he's committed to DingDongtonio!

Your are right about Caper being huge. He has ballooned up to about 225, and now runs a 4.7 40 (as timed at the Combine).
    I don't know if you know this, but Scout has given Baker a FIFTH STAR!!! WOW! And they rate him the #16 player in the country, and #2 RB in the country.

It's all downhill from here for the DingDong, though.

Guys, this is for my buddy, Red Cedar, who has been stalking me over here. He posted my post count on the other forum, and it's over 5000! Quite an accomplishment if I do say so myself. Red Cedar, this is for you!

+ Reply to Thread