Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
DSC:

Serious question here. I know the Sparties need hope for their football team. But how are we supposed to get excited over Dantonio at this point? Right now MSU recruiting is ranked 55th in the country, and in the Big Ten, they only outrank Northworstern. How, HOW is he making them better?
My general rule is that Rivals has better Football ranking and Scout better BBall, so I'm considering MSU 7th in the B10, and has some upward potential(we still have 7-8 spots).

Trust in MD's ability to spot talent and finish is required, but I'm questioning a couple things. He turned down Darius Darks and Morgan Carter because of Trawick filling the safety spot. But I'm not convinced that Trawick(or Carter) will stay at safety. And why not get an extra DB this year, pick up a talented guy at a position you are deep at before some POS at a position of need. A POS is a POS, you can put a talented guy out of position and he will be a POS at that position, but good at his real position. A POS guy sucks at every position.

I'm pumped about Winston and Martin as guys who could overperform their rank by a lot. But I don't like the Miles White pickup much, if we put the full court on Brandon Green or MarQueis Gray(4 star WR and 4 star QB) they would likely have come, definitely in Gray's case. But we passed because we 'weren't signing a QB', and Green had a friend get in at Minny. People have said grades too. But too the F bad, if they qualify it is great for us, and if they don't, it helped our recruiting ranking and we pull them out of Prep like the SEC. MD also said he 'wouldn't recruit committed kids' to Jonas Gray. That is retarded if true. I'm hoping it was a slowplay in order to focus on Ingram, but how can MSU 'pass' on a top 100 kid.

MD has been passing on too many talented(based on offers and ranking) kids, he better be good as hell at evaluating talent. But at the same time, he picked up Eric Smith from Harvard and Smith was a 3rd rounder, and we had a ton of help from the frosh this year.