+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: DSC's MSU Football Thread

DSC's MSU Football Thread

Just to counter the UM one, this will probably be the shortest thread ever.

Thomas going and Ringer staying, not really a surprise. I see Devin going mid-2nd round. If he gets a 4.4 at the combine that could work in the first with his size. His hands are too much that classic MSU - WOW! WOW, seriously!?!? Which could hurt him.

Jason Diehl's leg is supposed to be getting better, so he may participate in spring practice. He will need to spend a ton of time to get back to football power, so who knows how big that is, he was out for like 1 1/2 years.

Arthur Ray Jr. is supposed to be at least moving towards the football field, but his health is the obvious #1 concern, you don't fuck with cancer.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

I think I remember saying I thought Coach D was going to be a good coach, but would struggle recruiting because of his personality. I had heard that he is not the most personal guy and it can turn recruits off.

Yeah tell me about cancer. I just had my 1 year anniversary from the 6 1/2 hour surgery to remove the cancer from my throat. 6 weeks with a trach is a bitch.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Blog Entries
    Congrats on the year, Art.

Good thread, DSC.
    Find a new slant.

With Jehuu leaving, that should open up more carries for Jimmerson, who looked promising in the past. But he's more like Ringer, correct? Who's next in line to punch it in?
    Dell and Smith show next season? Offense could still be potent.
    Defensively what is in line to replace guys like Saint-Dic? What's the status of other players that were suspended for the bowl game?
    I have no idea what eligibility is left for Wiley, Warrick, Adams, etc.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I never followed college football much but its been going up through the last year. I'll definitely be checking this thread regularly. Good idea dsc.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    With Jehuu leaving, that should open up more carries for Jimmerson, who looked promising in the past. But he's more like Ringer, correct? Who's next in line to punch it in?
    Dell and Smith show next season? Offense could still be potent.
    Defensively what is in line to replace guys like Saint-Dic? What's the status of other players that were suspended for the bowl game?
    I have no idea what eligibility is left for Wiley, Warrick, Adams, etc.
    Warrick and Adams are graduating but Wiley is a senior this next year.

Legget is the 'big back' that we are going to be using next year. He is 230-ish.

Dell, Smith, and the potential surprise guy is Cunningham, who MD says wouldn't have RSed if it wasn't for an early injury.

How good will Hoyer be next year?

18 TD's 7 INT's this year, and had 2500 yards. But then he fucked up the bowl game, and is now losing Thomas and Freeman-Davis.

We should have one of the top B10 QB's next year, as in probably the best after Boeckman. But at the same time, he never has really instilled confidence. Could Thomas have been Hoyer's Braylon? So he gets worse rather than better?

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    DSC:

Serious question here. I know the Sparties need hope for their football team. But how are we supposed to get excited over Dantonio at this point? Right now MSU recruiting is ranked 55th in the country, and in the Big Ten, they only outrank Northworstern. How, HOW is he making them better?
    My general rule is that Rivals has better Football ranking and Scout better BBall, so I'm considering MSU 7th in the B10, and has some upward potential(we still have 7-8 spots).

Trust in MD's ability to spot talent and finish is required, but I'm questioning a couple things. He turned down Darius Darks and Morgan Carter because of Trawick filling the safety spot. But I'm not convinced that Trawick(or Carter) will stay at safety. And why not get an extra DB this year, pick up a talented guy at a position you are deep at before some POS at a position of need. A POS is a POS, you can put a talented guy out of position and he will be a POS at that position, but good at his real position. A POS guy sucks at every position.

I'm pumped about Winston and Martin as guys who could overperform their rank by a lot. But I don't like the Miles White pickup much, if we put the full court on Brandon Green or MarQueis Gray(4 star WR and 4 star QB) they would likely have come, definitely in Gray's case. But we passed because we 'weren't signing a QB', and Green had a friend get in at Minny. People have said grades too. But too the F bad, if they qualify it is great for us, and if they don't, it helped our recruiting ranking and we pull them out of Prep like the SEC. MD also said he 'wouldn't recruit committed kids' to Jonas Gray. That is retarded if true. I'm hoping it was a slowplay in order to focus on Ingram, but how can MSU 'pass' on a top 100 kid.

MD has been passing on too many talented(based on offers and ranking) kids, he better be good as hell at evaluating talent. But at the same time, he picked up Eric Smith from Harvard and Smith was a 3rd rounder, and we had a ton of help from the frosh this year.

See, his "we're not signing a ___" attitude will kill him. Look at the top teams in football and they sign studs each year at every position. Seriously, why would Sanchez, Booty and Mustain all want to go to USC? Because they know that after Palmer comes Leinart, followed by Booty and so on. They'll try to pump out Heisman candidates at skill positions every year if they can.
    How can MD feel content at ANY position unless he has 3 true freshman studs lined up in depth there. And he doesn't have that anywhere.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I wonder if there may be an attitude at MSU that they will build with the not so well known players by coaching them up and getting them to stay four or five years. I also wonder how many true Five stars UM even tries hard to get.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread