Page 72 of 164
FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Jethro's UM Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    They said 4.51 on Sportscenter.
    They said 4.61 or 4.62 on NFL Network.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Whether it's 4.51 or 4.62 (which is what I heard), it doesn't bode well for a guy who is under six feet tall and weighs about 180, and has alligator arms.
    He may have looked pretty fast against Sparty and Wisconsin, but I have a hunch the NFL has bigger, better, faster, stronger dbacks than that.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Whether it's 4.51 or 4.62 (which is what I heard), it doesn't bode well for a guy who is under six feet tall and weighs about 180, and has alligator arms.
    He may have looked pretty fast against Sparty and Wisconsin, but I have a hunch the NFL has bigger, better, faster, stronger dbacks than that.
    Yeah, I believe it was a 4.59 and a 4.62.

But I'm shocked him and Arrington have sucked it up so much. They were sick this year, at least vs. MSU and UF, the two games I watched closest.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Well, maybe they didn't take this thing seriously, and sat around getting hihg, eating hot dogs, and wrestling chicks for car keys. Who knows? Obviously, with some of the comments we've heard out of Adrian, and with the way Manningham wouldn't call or return RR's calls, Mario thought he was the MAN after beating up on second rate competition for three years while getting his ass kicked by Ohio State and in most of his bowl games and then FINALLY having a good game against stout competition and helping beat Florida. And Arrington just got a case of the "Big Haids". Being pissed off at Michigan for LLoyd finally retiring and then UM hiring RR is a bit of a head scratcher for me.
    As for Arrington, he never has been the fastest guy, but has great concentration on the ball and makes tough catches; great hands.
    I think AA makes it, and Mario breaks a pussy bone early on and ends up in the Arena league.
    Last edited by Zip Goshboots; 02-25-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    What is Champions Day? I see that's when UM will host their Junior day. What is the date and the significance of Champions Day?

A little help please.
    I'm going to bump this until someone attempts to answer the question. Especially now that UM has some instate catching up to do, I'm more curious than ever about when this Junior Day is going to happen.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I don't think there is a date set yet.

I wouldn't worry about "catching up". THIS is the "bump" year for Dantonio. He's settled in, had a year to evaluate his team, take a look at needs, and build relationships. Also, under John L, I don't think MSU had a good rep with in state players, coaches and schools. Word is that if John L knew UM was after a Michigan kid, he'd just beg off.

I don't know where this is going yet, but I think that UM now has some work to do. I don't know that Lloyd was exactly a loved guy by MHSAA, and probly tommy z can answer that one. It seems to me that UM isn't that big a playah, and hasn't been for quite some time for Michigan kids unless they were studz. Trouble is, for the last couple years Michigan has been on the uprise in talent. When studz come along, what do they look at: UM with its four or five Michigan players, or MSU with its 20?

MSU seems to be capitalizing early, but if you look at it more closely, one of the kids is Chris Norman a linebacker. UM just recruited four linebackers this year and has more on the roster; a receiver (Michigan just recruited 87 receivers/slots this year), a running back (see the receivers), and the Maxwell kid at QB. Michigan, by the way, has a committ from Campbell, the #1 playah in the state.

This year may not be a recruiting bonanza: Who does he target? What do they do to establish relationships? Where do they establish relationships? I think they are in good shape. They have the "grace year" where nothing is expected, so a 7-5 or 8-4 will be just fine, and they have the year to get themselves out there and make some headway.

I'd stay away from all the recruiting bullshit and the water cooler talk for the next year and just let it play out. The typical UM fan (especially on Scout) is presently checking around the house to find his gun and some fresh bullets. Don't go there.

EDIT:
    Don't forget that MSU IS probably going to get better under Dantonio and be more competititve for in state studz.
    Last edited by Zip Goshboots; 02-27-2008 at 08:24 AM.

Just had to share this I saw Daryl Stonum over the weekend and he is serioulsy looking like a beast he has probobly put on 15 lbs muscle since he showed up on campus. As long as he doesnt lose his speed he should be a stud for the blue this year. He has amazing hands to go with unreal speed and quickness. Look for him to be a hot topic during spring practice.

It's all well and good as long as Threet can get him the ball.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    That would be thuper Threet!

I bet he drives a Thirocco.

(must read that post with a lisp)
    Find a new slant.

For Jethro.......

Michigan's 1st Junior Day is next Thursday and will include the "Team Olympics" and the "Night of Champions." I have no clue what those are, but I'm guessing the Team Olympics will be triple threat cage match that pits Barwis against a rapid-blood thirsty wolf and a 900 pound Korean Grizzly Bear..........winner take all of course!!!

+ Reply to Thread