+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 164
FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast

Thread: Jethro's UM Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tiller
    "If we had an early signing date, you wouldn't have another outfit with a guy in a wizard hat selling snake oil get a guy at the last minute, but that's what happened,"

Suck it, Tiller

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Good job Zip and thanks.

RR kind of comes across as an SOB...winning is everything. But he's with us, so its ok. UofM can handle a lil 'win first' attitude for a couple decades.
    Can't see how you come to the conclusion that he's an SOB. That's awfully judgmental. You play to win? You get paid 2 Mill a year to Win? This ain;t "Diddlywinks at the office" where most people bury their head in a cubicle and hope nobody notices them for thirty years.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Just the verbal commit thing where, if I read correctly, lots of coaches let that guy go. RR still goes after him. I may have read that wrong.

...and some of the dealings WVU...and I said 'kind of' damn it.
    Players meeting my ASS!

You may be right, but that didn;t stop Notre Dame from recruiting Mike Martin, or Dantonio from hosting visits by UM recruits, or Rutgers or Miami from doing the same.
    And it didn't stop Tressel from offering Omameh a scholly Monday night after he had committed to Michigan earlier in the day. Or Phat Phil from trying to snag Witherspoon.
    It's a vicious game out there, and they all play the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    You may be right, but that didn;t stop Notre Dame from recruiting Mike Martin, or Dantonio from hosting visits by UM recruits, or Rutgers or Miami from doing the same.
    And it didn't stop Tressel from offering Omameh a scholly Monday night after he had committed to Michigan earlier in the day. Or Phat Phil from trying to snag Witherspoon.
    It's a vicious game out there, and they all play the same way.
    Thats where I was wr...wrrrrr....wrrrrron....err...misinformed.

Maybe a better way to say it is that it is hardball out there and RR plays with the best of them..instead of the sob thing.

But from what I gather, our recruiting game has been stepped up. It couldn't have been easy coming in trying to keep everyone from bolting. He almost did it. What grade... B+??? with Pryor still a possibility.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Glad to see you coming around Tahoe. I'm just making sure Barwis doesn't get hold of you.
    I give RR and A. He came in too late to get the QB he needed, I think there were some shady dealing with Daniel$, and he at least turned Pryor's head for a minute. He may have thought some spread QB would just materialize, but UM will be fine in the long run. Maybe he likes Threet also.

Unless RR pulls something huge out of his hat, Pryor isn't coming here. He was set to sign with Ohio State and backed out because his dad wants it to be Penn State. Oregon and Michigan really aren't factors anymore barring something crazy.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Glad to see you coming around Tahoe. I'm just making sure Barwis doesn't get hold of you.
    I give RR and A. He came in too late to get the QB he needed, I think there were some shady dealing with Daniel$, and he at least turned Pryor's head for a minute. He may have thought some spread QB would just materialize, but UM will be fine in the long run. Maybe he likes Threet also.
    Zip, Barwis doesn't scare me...and a couple of my buddies.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Better check on your buddies. Barwis may have already destroyed them.
    _

^ Smith & Wesson Zek.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread