+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 164
FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast

Thread: Jethro's UM Football Thread

Blog Entries
    Zip, you really make me want anal.

(no homo)

Jethro's UM Football and Champagne motivating step-away-from-the-computer for 5 and take a quick nap thread. Heavy emphasis on recruiting and female anatomical works of art.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Anyways, i don't really care if mcguffie goes somewhere else at this point. If u-m had someone like beanie wells, i would understand the hesitation, but decommitting because shaw and robinson would just imply weak-mindedness to me.

I've lived in Oakland (which borders Berkeley) and Ann Arbor and the weather is no comparison. SF is often cold and cloudy, but the Bay is some sort of weather buffer which makes Oakland about 10 degrees warmer than SF and blocks most of the clouds. The high temp is 60-80F year round. Scenically, the bay area has cliffs overlooking the ocean, nude beaches and swimming holes, big city type night life, promiscuous women etc. Basically, every quality of life factor favors Cal. However, Ann Arbor does have one huge advantage in that people actually care about the football team. college sports will always be an afterthought at cal no matter how well the team does because the school just doesn't draw students that care about sports and because the local population is more invested in the 49ers and raiders than college football.

Also, I am quite worried about the qb situation if pryor goes elsewhere. Nothing can sink a team faster than a below average qb. A lot of the big upsets from last year occurred when the starting qb went out. I don't know much about threet, but I worry about a guy that couldn't make it at georgia tech because it seems like their qbs have sucked lately.

Nonetheless, I have to give rodriguez credit for a very good class in spite of his late start and all the bs with wvu. The future should be bright once the qb spot is reinforced.
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

Stop worrying about IF Pryor goes elsewhere, and start worrying about WHEN he goes elsewhere.

Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    oh my rawd

bust

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Actually, Berkley weather can be poo. They are on the East Bay, but it is cloudy and sort of clammy alot of the time.
    Actually, the school is inland enough that it thins out the majority of the rain and clouds. By only being a few miles inland the rainfall numbers drop 50%+, so there will be clouds in the sky, but generally you are still in the sun, and the clouds are only off in the distance a bit.

Stanford(Palo Alto) emphasizes this effect even more, only being a few miles from the coast(I think about 15 from the actual coast, and 5 from the bay) and it is very dry.

Admittedly, this is based on my uncle who lives there, and my brief week in the area. So not entirely first hand.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

I didn't know so many peeps knew so much about the Bay Area.
    Players meeting my ASS!

5:43 p.m.: The Sam McGuffie situation is getting stranger.
    "I talked to him," Cy-Fair offensive lineman Chris Lathrop, who signed with Texas A&M this morning, told the Houston Chronicle. "It's like a wedding almost. He got cold feet and didn't come to school. He told me that doesn't know where he wants to go." McGuffie is reportedly now choosing between Texas A&M, Cal and Michigan.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I know that I did live there from 1987-1991. I would say that in general, you really can't complain about the weather in Berkeley when you stack it up against Michigan weather.

Note: I did not live IN Berkeley, but in the East Bay area. Yowsa! Hot babes everywhere.

Tahoe:
    You are so right about this one. Even Lemming is scratching his head. Supposedly he recently chatted with McGuffie and McGuffie was raving about Rich Rod and the new system. And to think about Cal instead of even Texas AM, with a new coach and all is weird. Just weird.

+ Reply to Thread