+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 164
FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread: Jethro's UM Football Thread

Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    Dantonio upon hearing the news:

"Pride Before The Fall"

Last edited by Timone; 02-05-2008 at 07:16 PM.

same fucking story for the basketball team. cant finish the deal ever. i sure hope terrelle pryor wasnt going t olet this game decide his school.

The basketball team sucks, and Belein AIN'T the guy to revive it. He's gonna run out of steam before he gets close. He needs a Fab Five, and he isn't that kind of recrooter.
    Give up on the basketball team, dude. They've been left for dead by UM for ten years now.

nah, i disagree. the system works. we get it to work with the talent we have. we dont need the pick of the litter, we just need a few more able bodies.

Tahoe Does it Again

Here's a lil sumpin sumpin Tahoe found on the Florida Scout board and he just wanted to share.
    It's an interesting read, and a clear indication of why UM needed to go out and get RichGod and Barwis, and stay away from guys like Ferentz and Schiano. UM needs to be aggressive, and getting RichGod and Barwis will put UM up there with the rest of the pack. UM isn;t really lagging, as Lloyd has been a solid recruiter, but RichGod and Barwis are totally "down" with today's young afleet, and their new "Hip" approach, coupled with gallons of chocolate milk are going to shock the world.

The Rich Get Richer:

With National Signing Day less than 48 hours away I thought it would be a good idea to take a look at where all the top players were going to see if I could pick up on any sort of trend and I did, once again the Rich Get Richer.

Every recruiting season it seems as if every member of the Scout.Com top 100 ends up going to a select few teams, the reason it seems that way is because for the most part it’s true. Take this years group of prospects for example, out of the top 100, 90 of them have gone public. The remaining 10 are, Terrelle Pryor, Julio Jones, Jamie Harper, Josh Jenkins, Brandon Harris, Nicolas Perry, TJ Bryant, Jerrell Harris, Marcel Dareus and Corey Liuget. Liuget is a soft verbal to Ron Zook and Illinois but since returning from South Florida admits that he is a bit confused. Two other top 100 members Joe Adams and Ramon Buchanan have been thinking about other schools as well in Arkansas for Adams and Miami for Buchanan.

To date, 10 schools have commitments from 57 of the Scout.Com top 100 or a whopping 57%. Bob Stoops and the Oklahoma Sooners are atop the list with eight as is Ohio State . Southern Cal and Notre Dame are tied for the second spot with seven apiece. That’s four teams that have 30% of the Nations elite players. Urban Meyer and the Florida Gators are tied with Miami and Texas with five top 100 players each. After that, we find Georgia , UCLA and Michigan with four each that makes up 57% of the Scout.Com top 100 for this year. Alabama , Florida State and Pittsburgh all have three while Colorado , Penn State , North Carolina State, Virginia Tech, Clemson , Arizona State, Washington and LSU have two apiece. After that, only eight other teams in the Nation have a Scout.Com Top 100 player at this time. Southern Miss, BYU, Maryland , Stanford , Arizona , Ole Miss, Nebraska and Illinois each have on member of the top 100. All in all, only 29 teams in the Nation have verbal commitments from the top 100 players in the Nation.

Tahoe Note: Choklahoma is not to be worried about, as Stoops isn't getting it done.
    Last edited by Zip Goshboots; 02-05-2008 at 09:01 PM.

Whats the lastest on the Pryor to PSU rumors? Sounds like PSU has gotten in good with his Dad and have convinced him that his son needs to stay home and tomorrow's signing is completely off at least until next week.

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    Whats the lastest on the Pryor to PSU rumors? Sounds like PSU has gotten in good with his Dad and have convinced him that his son needs to stay home and tomorrow's signing is completely off at least until next week.

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!
    from Mike Farrell on the Rivals.com national board:

"Terrelle Pryor just called me a few minutes ago and said he's now not signing tomorrow. He said he's 100-percent sure he's not signing. He said he's going to take an official visit to Penn State for sure, hopefully a weekend visit, and might visit Oregon. He said he is just not sure of his choice as of right now.

"He has had numerous discussions with his father who really likes the way Penn State has recruited Terrelle. Penn State has been to Terrelle's father's house numerous times and had done a good job making him feel comfortable that PSU is the right place for his son.

"So as of now it's OSU, Michigan, PSU and Oregon for his services with no signing date set. He could change his mind again when he wakes up, so I am simply reporting what he's telling me.

"Trust me, he is not doing this for the attention, this kid sounds as torn up about a decision as any I've covered. And he is aware of the reputation that some folks are pinning on him and to that he told me he has to do what is right for him and can't worry about public opinion. He and his family come first and this is an important decision that he's not going to rush for anyone.

"Good news for PSU fans here no doubt."

I guess he's not the Buckeye lock that everyone thought he was. Or he's an attention whore.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Filly: Sorry, but Pryor to either PSU or OSU ain't good for Michigan. Right now, Ohio State is putting together a class that is frightening. They appear to have walked into the sights of Brandon Harris, a five star CB that is still uncommitted. Even if the Buckeyes don;t get Pryor, they will be in just as good a position to land a good QB next year as UM will. UM needs to turn it up more than a couple of notches here. They have a good start with this class, which just got a little better, for sure:

Per Scout

After weeks of deliberation Princeton Junction, NJ LB J.B. Fitzgerald ended any remaining questions about his recruitment Tuesday night. The Rutgers Scarlet Knights were able to persuade him to take another look in the aftermath of the coaching change in Ann Arbor, but in the end the Maize & Blue was strong to overcome.

“I definitely saw some new things,” Fitzgerald said referring to his in-state school. “I grew closer with the staff and the official visit they blew me out of the water. But after a lot of thinking and just weighing it out, I figured Michigan was the best place for me. I thought it out in my mind, my heart, and my gut… and they were all telling me that Michigan is where I need to be right now. I’m going to sign with Michigan tomorrow.”

Glad to see you here in Tahoe's UM thread Moodini. This is where all the action is. This is gonna be a recrootathon. Mailman is committed to it. I am. Tahoe is.

+ Reply to Thread