+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 164
FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jethro's UM Football Thread

Just off the top of my head............I'm guessing Donovan.

As we speak, the Mighty Rod is in Florida talking to two possible recroots: The afforementioned Star Jackson and Justin Feagin.
    I know things may be getting desperate, but Jackson is about a lost cause. Of course, read into it what you will: Last minute panic knowing that Pryor is golden to the Buckeyes?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Something I missed in the last couple days is that Witherspoon has added Rutgers to his list of possibilities. I was pretty sure he became more solid with UM even after the Tennessee visit due to a talk with the UM staff. Huh, guess not.
    I know these kids have tough decisions to make: "Do I go to Tennessee and look like an orange sissy? Do I go to Rutgers and the world never hears from me again? OR, do I go to Michigan and become one of the all time best people in the history of the world?

Sounds like a no brainer.

But here's hoping that he comes to peace with a decision soon and get's this shit off his mind. I'm hoping for Rutgers if not UM, of course. That blasted SEC is starting to get on my nerves.

Nice story on Rivals that the Free Press of course has jumped on. It seems our boy Chadd Henne is yapping about Rich Rod and the Spread at Michigan. The way Chad sees it, UM could be down to ZERO quarterbacks by the end of spring ball. Reda on:

Mallet's move doesn't surprise Henne

Rich Rodriguez's hire at Michigan has been one of the biggest storylines in college football over the past month. Rodriguez's hire will bring many changes, most notably to the Wolverines' offense. Former Michigan quarterback Chad Henne said he expects to see a whole new look from the Wolverines in 2008.

"I think it's going to be a lot different," he said. "(Rodriguez) is bringing the whole spread offense, and a lot of the quarterbacks are looking elsewhere.

"Ryan Mallett already transferred and two of the other quarterbacks are staying for spring ball to see what happens. It's definitely a change at the quarterback position, and we'll see how it works in the Big 10."

Henne said Mallett's decision to leave for Arkansas wasn't a surprise. Henne said the move was in Mallett's best interest.

"It was good for him to leave," Henne said. "Obviously none of us (Michigan) quarterbacks are spread-offense quarterbacks, and he wanted to go to an offense where he could throw the ball." End

Maybe at Arkansas they'll teach him to take a snap first.
    Again we have the "Will it work in the Big 10" bullshit. Well say, Chad, the spread seems to work pretty fucking well AGAINST the Big 10, doesn't it? And gee, words of wisdom from a guy who went 3-9 against Notre Dame, Ohio State, and in Bowl Games. A guy who never really developed the potential that seemed so vast during his freshman year. A guy who, by more than a few accounts, didn't really think he needed to spend a whole lot of time listening to coaches.

As for the spread and "throwing the ball", say, have you watched games where the teams that use the spread have QB's who CAN throw the ball? The psread made a twenty plus td quearterback out of Tim Tebow. The spread made Vince Young into a top five NFL draft pick.
    Oh, and by the way, Chadley: You just won a bowl game for the first time in your career using, a spread offense. Chad, you've never struck me as a very intelligent guy. Great potential, I think you'll be a great NFL QB. But smart, no. You never struck me as smart.

And besides, how's what UM has been doing for the last seven years been working out in the Big 10?
    Last edited by Zip Goshboots; 01-23-2008 at 08:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    Chadwick, Chadwick, Chadwick...

A traitor in our midst!

Blog Entries
    Chad Steven Henne (born July 2, 1985 in West Lawn, Pennsylvania)

Sent to Ann Arbor to sabotage the UM program by none other than Joe Paterno! I see through Paterno's ruse. Ten straight losses to UM just to set them up!

Blog Entries
    Zip, as usual: Tahoe is onto something here.

The most noticeable position affected is quarterback. Michigan's Chad Henne was sensational Monday and stands to benefit greatly because of his overall passing efficiency. Kentucky's Andre Woodson showcased his rifle of an arm but understandably struggled with his timing during the first day of practice. Otherwise, there wasn't much positive to say about the performances turned in by Colt Brennan (Hawaii), John David Booty (USC), Joe Flacco (Delaware) and Erik Ainge (Tennessee). Brennan had toughest first day. His erratic passing performance in practice was preceded by him tipping the scale at a measly 185 pounds during the morning's weigh-in.

Monday (1/21/08): Henne was the best quarterback on the North's squad today and this atmosphere suits the competitive, experienced and intelligent signal-caller extremely well. Henne completed deep passes to Eddie Royal during one-on-one drills, as well as with Jordy Nelson on seven-on-seven. He threw with very good touch and was consistently accurate with his deep throws. He also got the ball out quickly and sold his play-action fakes. Henne caught the eye of scouts today.

Tuesday (1/22/08): It's hard not to notice the tremendous power and velocity Henne possesses when throwing the ball. Add that to the great accuracy he shows when he's able to set his feet, and Henne made some impressive throws in today's practice. Henne excels in throwing the ball in the intermediate crossing routes and shows great anticipation and drives the ball into tight windows. This was evident during the seven-on-seven period, when he hit Kansas State's Jordy Nelson down the middle. Putting good zip along with the proper projection, Henne was able to place the ball just over the outstretched arms of Southern Cal OLB Keith Rivers. One thing that may go unnoticed is Henne's tremendous feet with his drops. He does a nice job of getting a quick and long first step off of the line, enabling him to get to the proper depth with his drops. This depth gives Henne good ability to read down the field and neutralizes the average height he possesses at 6-foot-2. There is concern about Henne's overall mobility to slide and create in the pocket. This was clear during team drills today, when pressure made Henne look uncomfortable at times and caused him to make a few errant throws.

+ Reply to Thread