+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 164
FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Jethro's UM Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    As of tinight, with the USC visit still fresh on his mind, Perry ranks his top three:
    1)USC
    2)Michigan
    3)Miami

He has his official this weekend with UM.
    Just going to say - Rivals has about 18 interviews with him in the past 2 days, and didn't get a ranking or a leader. But I'm certainly not expecting MSU to win this one, just seems odd that MSU went from first to last in one visit. I thought we would get passed one at a time.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Well, I think it's clear as to what's going on at Rivals: A clear and distinct anti Michigan agenda.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Right now, this looks like how the recruiting visits will end up for the last couple of weeks heading into Feb 6:

From Scout:

As far as "New Recruits" go ...

New QB recruits:
    -- Run-pass QB Star Jackson (6-1, 195, 4.5) from Lake Worth, Fla (ALA commit, former WVA recruit).
    -- possible: Run-pass QB Justin Feagin (6-0, 195, 4.6) from Delray Beach Fla., American Heritage. Visited by QB Coach Rod Smith. He has 2 visits left, with 3 schools vying: LSU, Michigan, Oregon. Visits already taken: Louisiana and Syracuse.
    -- possible: Run-pass QB B.J. Daniels (6-1, 195, 4.5) from Tallahassee Lincoln.

New RB recruits:
    -- Ohio RB Isaiah Pead (5-11, 190, 4.45) from Columbus Eastmoor. He's visited Pitt Kan 11 and Cincy Jan. 18, and he'll visit U-M Jan. 25 (or, possibly, Feb. 1).
    -- MS RB Desmond Johnson (6-0, 190) from Yazoo City, MS. Gained 2,000+ yds as Jr; gained 1,000+ yds in 4 games as Sr. then broke leg. U-M offered, should get Jan. 25 visit ... visiting S-Miss Jan. 18, Memphis Feb. 1st.

New WR recruits (looking for slots):
    -- Terrance Robinson (5-8, 175) from Houston Klein Oak. Visited Wake already, plus BC Jan. 18, U-M Jan. 25.
    -- T.J. Lawrence (6-2, 190, 4.5) from Lakeland, Fla., Kathleen. He's visited VAT and Fla. (Jan. 11), and will visit SCAR (Jan. 18) and U-M (Jan. 25).
    -- WR/DB Khiry Cooper (6-2, 175) from Shreveport, La. Calvery Baptist. Visits: Ark. Jan. 25, Neb. (or U-M) Feb. 1. U-M has offered.

New OL Recruits
    *NEW*-- Fla OL Rhonne Sanderson (6-3, 280) from Tampa H.H. Plant . Visits: MSU Jan. 18, FSU Jan. 25 (fav?), U-M Feb. 1st.

New DL Recruits
    -- Ohio DL Patrick Omameh (6-5, 240) from Columbus DeSales. The Cincy commit reportedly has an offer now ... will he visit?

Possible New LB Recruits
    -- possible: Ohio LB Steve Greer (6-2, 220, 4.7) from Solon. U-M visited his school ... no offer as of yet. Offers from Rice (Jan. 16 visit), N-Car (Jan. 25).
    *NEW*-- possible: Pa. LB Adrian Robinson (6-2, 225) from Harrisburg. Visits; Pitt. Jan. 18, Temple Jan. 25. Grades are the issue.

New DB recruits:
    -- S.C. S Jaron Brown (6-2, 190) from Cheraw. Clem and SCAR, his big leaders, on 2 weekends prior.
    -- CB Charles Mitchell (5-11, 185, 4.5) from Clarksdale, Miss. Feb. 1 U-M visit. Other visits: NEB (Jan. 11), MSST (Jan. 18), S-MISS (Jan. 25). As a senior he recorded 78 tackles, four sacks, two ints.
    -- possible: Pa. CB Joshua Potts (5-11, 175) from Harrisburg. U-M has visited his school ... no offer as yet.
    *NEW*-- possible: Ohio CB Willy Lowe (5-9, 170) from Cleveland Glenville. Has already visited Iowa and Indiana in Dec., NCST Jan. 18. Stay tuned...

Charles Mitchell is doubtful, IMO; the Corn has been coming after him hard and many here think they've got him.

Well, we can cross Star Jackson off the list

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/722133.html

He might be a great player, but a guy named Star playing at the U of M just makes me vomit.

He'd have to change his name to something tough like: Zues or Duke or Brick or Stone Cold or something.

So it's probably for the better...

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Chances are his real name ain't even Star. One of them nickname type deals, I reckon.

Hell, Mike Hart's real first name, according to wikipedia, is Leon.

i thought it was mouth.

i remember the good old days when all the michigan guys had badass names like gold, sword, sharp, etc. and msu's guys were named like pillow and kleenex. this was like 10 years ago. good times.

Well, the vibe on Perry is already changing. It seems that now that he's back home, and forgot about the blow job from Beyonce, Michigan is back at the forefront of his mindset.
    I like the way Perry talks today in Scout. He has clicked with some of the other recroots, like Cissoko and McGuffie, and this weekends visit to UM could seal the deal. He gives the Sparties a mention, but I'm not thinking MSU has a shot.

Here's a great post from Scout. I'm stealing it because it's that good. You get the "Goods" from Scout, even during boring times like this. Pay for it, dudes.

First thing is I told the player I wouldn't name names, however, I told him people would put 2-and-2 together and he said "it's all good." Thus here's my post...take it FWIW, like I always say when I have tidbits of info, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION. Don't come knocking at my door if it doesn't turn out to be true, because unless it's my word (ex. "I, MM113, will be committing to Michigan today) I don't guarantee it. People change their minds, people hear differently, "stuff" happens. But here is what this player told me...and it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Regarding Barwis:
    ---He's a beast
    ---Current players all know him
    ---Some aren't going to make it unless they get their act together
    ---He's made an impression already and certain players are using him as a tool to get them to the NFL physically
    ---This player spoke about how Barwis is knowledgeable about football enough to know that every player shouldn't be doing the same lifts just at different weights...he takes a more position based approach where OL and CBs won't be doing the same thing as much
    ---Barwis will help everyone individually including being everyone's "personal trainer" sort to speak
    ---He loves Barwis, he's intense, but he's genuine and he knows what he's going

Regarding him personally:
    ---He will be mentoring some of these "little dudes" coming in (meaning incoming freshman)
    ---He will miss Carr and Co. but he's excited about the next staff
    ---He said Coach Carr allows EVERYONE to keep in touch, "he didn't just ride off into the sunset"
    ---He said he's already called coach Carr and Coach E just to talk, he truly loves them, spoke about how he will graduate from Michigan because of Coach Carr
    ---Wouldn't say WHEN he's graduate, just that he would
    ---Said he called coach Carr to tell him he was transferring because it was too cold, Carr didn't believe the joke for a second...so then they just talked about how to stay warm
    ---Asked coach E to let the "NEW UM" know of some of the Cali talent still in his area, obviously that was English's stomping ground so he knew of a ton of players out there
    ---Coach E told him, that he should talk to the coaches, because Coach E's trying to get them to L'ville!
    ---Loves the "New UM" said that they're like the "Old UM" just younger, more innovative and a little "cooler." But the values are there
    ---I asked if it was Coach Carr's doing that the traditions and values at UM would be understood and not changed...he said "I don't know, probably"
    ---I asked if he wanted Coach Miles...he said "at first yea, but I don't know much about his staff, ya know? (talked about how players have more of a relationship with assistant coaches than the head coach)" Then he said "I heard he's kind of weird too...so I'm glad we got Coach Rodriguez, he just better let me do my thing (laughing)."

Regarding Incoming Recruits:
    ---He thinks Floyd is in, said he's 99%, he's just taking the visit to Tennessee to see what it has to offer and to be 100% sure. Said that Tennessee could knock his socks off, but he'd be surprised...thinks he's blue
    ---Has no clue about Pryor, said he seemed to like Michigan, but Pryor's really low key so you can't read him. He said if Toney was the recruit, it was 100% clear he'd be coming to Michigan...he had a GREAT TIME! Plus Toney likes to talk, Terrelle doesn't. Said he doesn't know why if the recruiting trail is taking so much of a toll on him why he doesn't just go home, enjoy the 3-day weekend and announce on Tuesday because everyone knows it's Michigan or OSU.
    ---Said Martin is coming to Michigan without a doubt, didn't know about the ND visit but said it's probably just to keep his word...because he's coming to Michigan
    ---"Boo Boo is short" (laughing), thinks if he's as good as people say he could start as the nickelback playing against the speedier slot WRs. Said that he, Boo Boo, and Floyd all spoke with Barwis together...
    ---Asked (jokingly) if he was so (didn't know the word, "so cutesy, so wide-eyed, so "little" (not size wise)) when he was an incoming freshman...you know how when you're in high school and you go back to your old middle school or in college and visit back to the high school and you always say "we were that little!?" Or "look at the cute little high schoolers!" That's what he meant.

+ Reply to Thread