+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 164
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jethro's UM Football Thread

It seems that the football team was Barwissed on Monday, and here's a little note on how it went (from Scout). BTW: Alex Mitchell is gone, Jeremy Ciulla is gone. UM is going to be REAL thin along the OLine. Not too sure why RR doesn;t seem to be going after more OL prospects...

First, I hear Mitchell may not be the only subtraction. The names I heard arent ones that I would get upset over, but depth could become an issue.

Monday the players had their first Barwis (lite) workout. It was about 1/3 of a normal Monday workout, and by the sounds of it, it was harder than anything theyve done so far at Michigan. ALOT of work on hammy's, something that was rare, if ever under Git. They did cleans and squats as well as some manual resistance type things.

A couple players were late, and from the sounds of their punishment, they will be the last ones to be late.

Barwis,while tough and kind of nuts, will earn these guys respect though, because they like his attitude and personal work ethic. He will make sure he himself is accountable. He mentioned how hes hardly ate or slept in this past week becaus hes been so busy trying to get this stuff done.

*edit* the workout, about 2:15. Compared to the :45- 1:00 previously.
    end

Now, WHO in the fuck would have the nads to be late to your FIRST workout with a new coach??? Is there ANY wonder why UM has been pushed around for the last decade?
    Last edited by Zip Goshboots; 01-16-2008 at 12:33 PM.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Hey guys, there looks to be a lot of new articles up on Scout that have shown up today..............what is going on with all that? Looks like some kids from Texas are feeling us or getting a look at least.

Not much going on, really, but here's today's blog on Texas:

Fred Jackson visited Terrance Robinson and McGuff yesterday.

1. Terrance Robinson

Oregon's Bellotti was just in to see him ... Oregon, BC, Wake have all been on the kid from 'day one' so U-M playing catch-up ...Jan 25 visit tho, so U-M has its shot.

The kid IS a 'dot", 5-7-ish ... but is a blur, his film is amazing. As I told you, he was strongly recommended to old-U-M back in the spring, but old--M would not look at such a short WR, period ... now he's the proto-typ slot-dot for the new-U-M spread.

For a good interview with "the New T-Rob" last night: michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=2&c=720441

2. McGuff.
    Pleeeeease ... those who see 'waffling-utter-nonsenss' being peddled, please help set the record straight ... this is-and-has-been upsetting to Sam as it is-and-has-been been a complete-and-utter lie ... he's the most solid of Wolverines ... and he's NEVER waffled - never-ever. Got it?! The 'negative-hits' he's taken elsewhere are unconsciounable IMO ... and, we're told again, by someone who should know ... expect him on the field - big-time - next Sept. ...

Great reading, as usual. Great video. Check toda's edition of MgoBlog out:

http://www.mgoblog.com/

If you're worried about JB Fitzgerald, you can just about stop. Now, let's see RR go out there and Lay the Barwis on Mike Martin (before Charlie Weiss turns him into a sandwich), Witherspoon, and Wilson:

From Scout:

Rich Rodriguez made his way to the Garden State yesterday and dropped in on all three commitments It marked J.B. Fitzgerald’s first face to face meeting with his prospective coach, and youngster indicated things couldn’t have gone much better.

“He’s awesome,” Fitzgerald said regarding Michigan head coach Rich Rodriguez. “He is a pretty funny guy. He was telling us some stories and he had us laughing the whole time. He is a very personable down to earth guy. Everybody was just really excited. I thought it went great. It was a lot of fun. My whole immediate family and grandma were there and we got to sit down with Coach Rod and Coach Frye. They were great. It was a real relaxed environment and it was just getting to know everybody. It was a great trip…absolutely great. He really smoothed things over pretty much.”

One of the questions Fitzgerald has about the new defensive system is how he fits into it. That, however, wasn’t one of the primary topics of discussion last night.

“The conversation didn’t flow to too much that was football specific,” he recalled. “I actually have Coach Frye coming back with Coach Hopson, the new linebackers coach, next week. I envision that that is when things will get more football specific. He did say a little bit. He was saying that I fit in great… just like I did before. He said that before that he even looked at any of the film on the commits, he was already going to re-offer everybody no matter what. Once he did see the film he got all excited. Coach Frye was telling me that they wanted to offer me before (at West Virginia… earlier in the process, but they didn’t think they’d be able to get me because I committed early and I was all of the way up in New Jersey which is not one of their strong states. “

‘This was just time for my parents and I to really get to know Coach Rod face to face because we really hadn’t gotten the chance to do that,” Fitzgerald added.

The outstanding showing by the Maize & Blue definitely strengthened their position, but Fitzgerald still a few steps away from being certain about his future plans.

“I am still in love Michigan,” he said. “I am very happy with the way things are going right now. I consider myself a very solid commitment. I am going to do everything I can before signing day to make sure I’m 100% on that fact. I don’t want to leave any stone unturned.”

Check this out from ESPN. Do you get the feeling that WVU is getting more petty by the minute?

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- West Virginia University's lawsuit against Rich Rodriguez was transferred to federal court on Wednesday because the former Mountaineers coach had moved to Michigan when it was filed.

"We're perfectly comfortable and happy to litigate this case in any court," said Thomas Flaherty, a Charleston attorney representing WVU. "This is not unanticipated."

Rodriguez

The move gives Rodriguez, hired by Michigan on Dec. 16, until next Wednesday to file a response. The suit was filed in a local court on Dec. 27 to collect on a $4 million buyout clause in his contract.

Meanwhile, the university is continuing its investigation into missing records associated with the program under Rodriguez.

"What's got to be determined is what exactly is missing," WVU spokesman Mike Fragale told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "There's a lot of things I just don't know."

Citing anonymous sources, The Charleston Gazette reported Tuesday that files kept in Rodriguez's private office disappeared between Dec. 16 and Jan. 3, along with strength and conditioning records from the weight room.

The newspaper report claimed the missing documents included players' personal contact information, scholarship payments and class attendance records, as well as strength and conditioning records and photographs that tracked players' physical progress.

The files were discovered missing from the Puskar Center in Morgantown, where Rodriguez had a private office, after WVU coaches returned from the Jan. 2 Fiesta Bowl.

University spokeswoman Amy Neil said the WVU Office of Admissions and Records maintains grade and attendance records in a separate location, so no student-athlete's academic career is at risk.

"We're not sure what records are missing, but all student records, including those of the football team, are kept within the Office of Admissions and Records," she said. "Those records are secure."
    Neil said she believes it would not be unusual for the head coach to have copies of his own records to ensure players are maintaining their required grade-point averages or meeting scholarship requirements.

Mike Brown, Rodriguez's agent, backed up Neil's statement.

"[Rodriguez] did not keep records for every player and academic records for the players are certainly on file at the school," he said

Brown said Tuesday night that many of the claims made by a West Virginia athletic department source in the article are false.

Brown has said Moutaineers head coach Bill Stewart, as a former assistant, should have copies of each players' strength and conditioning tests because multiple copies were made. He also said the university should have any records involving the finances of the summer camps it ran.

"The head coach and each assistant coach received hard copies of the strength progress," Brown said. "So I would think coach [Bill] Stewart and others would have those, too."

Brown said any files that are missing would be personal to Rodriguez.

"It is common knowledge that when a coach leaves a program certain items of a personal nature would always be discarded," he said.

Brown, however, declined to say whether Rodriguez removed or destroyed any documents, saying that question would be addressed in court documents.

Flaherty said it would be premature to comment on whether the missing documents had any possible bearing on WVU's lawsuit against Rodriguez.

Rodriguez's attorney, Sean McGinley, didn't immediately return a telephone message.

ESPN college football reporter Joe Schad and The Associated Press contributed to this report

One last quick hitter from Scout on the next move by RR:

Tonight: R-Rod and Dews (new Det. recruiter it looks like, just like he was at WVA) doing their Mike Martin full-press ... wresting match, then in-home. Then he visits this weekend of course. Anyone think this won't re-solidify him?

2. Then tomorrow ... the RR/TD duo goes in for more head coach in-schools/in-homes: Boubacar and Nick Perry. Boubacar makes sense since he's visiting this weekend. Perry makes sense because he's heading out to USC this weekend and was just at MSU again (Tues. nite for hoops game).

3. BTW, in Sam's interview with J.B., there is no mention of other visits coming up ... because that is how JB wants it.

Fred Jackson - heading back to the ACC ... for some Virginny junior Army-Combine stars .. more in the morning.

Blog Entries
    Great stuff, Tahoe.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Great stuff, Tahoe.
    I'm not so sure Tahoe couldn't kick Barwis' ass. I know if they had a Post Off, Barwis would be reduced to a Sparty.

Here is the Mother Lode of recruiting info from tonight's Scout Blog. Get a pack of Oreo's, and a big glass of milk. Tell your (whatever thing you are attached to and the offspring that resulted from this disaster) to not bug you for the next hour or so. You've got important shit to do.
    Overview

Michigan may now be looking for approx. 18-20 recruits in the '07-08 class, as follows:

-- 1 QB ... now a run/pass guy ... hopefully Terrelle Pryor.

-- 2 TB's: Got 'em: Sam McGuffie, Mike Cox (will he stick?)

-- 1 'H-back's: Got 'em: Christian Wilson (will he stick?)

-- 2 WRs: Got 1 so far, Daryl Stonum. U-M hopes to snag combo-WR D.J. Woods now, as well as slot-WRs Terrance Robinson and Michael Shaw.

-- 2 TE's: Got 'em, Brandon Moore, Kevin Koger.

-- 3 OC/OG's: Got 'em: Elliott Mealer, Kurt Wermers, Rocko Khoury.

-- 1 or 2 OT's: Got 1 so far, Dann O'Neill.

-- 1-2 DT's. Got 1 so far, Mike Martin (will he stick?).

-- 2 DE/OLB's. none so far ... U-M hopes to snag Nick Perry (still excellent shot).

-- 3 LB's. Got em: Marcus Witherspoon (will he stick?), J.B. Fitzgerald, Ken Demens and Taylor Hill.

-- 2 CB's. Got 1 so far, Boubacar Cissoko ... U-M hopes to snag J.T. Floyd and MS CB Charles Mitchell.

-- 2 Safeties. Brandon Smith in the fold ... hoping for Jaron Brown ... J.T. Floyd and Fla. S/WR T.J. Lawrence could play safety as well.

-- long-snapper. U-M has a verbal commitment from George Morales (6-0, 265) from Las Vegas Mojave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Position by Position:

Quarterbacks

Michigan, it was presumed, would like a QB in this class -- a run-pass guy.

*NEW* Pa. QB/Ath. Terrelle Pryor (6-6, 220, 4.4) from Jeannette. He has moved up his U-M visit - to Jan. 18th. Its OSU and U-M or U-M and OSU (Nov. 2 visit) ... or will LSU (Jan. 25) or Ore. (Feb. 1) sneak in there (nah)? Tressel in-homeWed.,Jan. 16 ... all U-M offensive assts. were in his school Monday, Jan. 14. He plans to make a Signing Day decision. The Army All-American is The Associated Press Pennsylvania Class AA football player of the year. Pryor amassed 3,691 yards in total offense -- remarkably, split almost equally between running (1,901 yards) and passing (1,790 yards) -- in leading his team to a PIAA championship and a 16-0 season. He is Scout.com's #2 prospect.

-- Run-pass QB Star Jackson (6-1, 195, 4.5) from Lake Worth, Fla (ALA commit, former WVA recruit). U-M visited him in mid-January, trying to get a visit.
    Possible new QB recruits:
    -- Run-pass QB D.J. Daniels (6-1, 195, 4.5) from Tallahassee Lincoln.

-- Run-pass QB Justin Feagin (6-0, 195, 4.6) from Delray Beach Fla., American Heritage. Reportedly getting visited by new-U-M QB Coach Rod Smith.
    Running Backs

One speed back and one big back would be perfect ... and U-M has landed both, plus an H-back to boot ... will they hang onto them though?

*NEW* Commitment no. 12: Tex. RB Sam McGuffie (5-10.5, 195, 4.3) from Houston Cy-Fair. Jan. 15 in-home by Fred Jackson once again reenforced his commit. Sept. 22 official visit. With Fred Jackson being rehired, Sam is still firmly committed to U-M. He committed to U-M on July 29th. He made a Thu., June 28-Mon., July 2 visit. "White Lightning," as he is called, has a U-M offer (he talked to Coach Carr on Signing Day), and U-M offered him the ability to wear #2, his favorite number (as well as Charles Woodson's). His dad is from "the Thumb" and is a U-M fan (as is the younger brother) and the dad's side of the family is still in the area. Qualified with a 3.0 GPA/22 ACT. In an injury-plagued senior season the Army All-American rushed for 1,711 yards and 24 touchdowns despite missing four games due to a lingering ankle injury that he suffered in the first game. He is Scout.com's #50 prospect.

Commitment no. 13: Conn. RB Mike Cox (6-0, 205, 4.47) from Avon Old Farms. Still committed for now, but looking at Maryland. Sept. 8 official visit. He received a U-M in late July, visited for the end-of-july Junior Day, and picked U-M on July 31 over BC, Duke and Maryland. Cox missed nearly his whole senior season due to a broken ankle suffered in his 2nd game. He is Scout.com's #205 prospect.

*NEW* Commitment no. 14: Pa. H-Back/LB Christian Wilson (6-2, 220, 4.55) from McKees Rock (Pittsburgh area) Pa. All U-M offensive assts. were in his home Mon. Jan 14 - did this firm him up? Or not? He's been talking to Coach Rod and is feeling better about things re the new-U-M, but he is taking official visits - to UNC on Jan. 11, and to BC,, and possibly Jan. 18, Virgiana, MSU and Rutgers. He committed on Aug. 20, in the end picking U-M over Rutgers. He visited during the U-M camp for 2 days. He attended the U-M Spring Game, and also attended the 1st U-M spring practice. He was offered by U-M on Signing Day. He looked good at the Army Junior Combine as a RB, and is best suited at H-Back. The ESPN-AA-Game selection had a great senior season, rushing for 2,212 yards and 33 touchdowns, and caught 15 passes for 403 yards and two scores. Defensively he racked up 103 tackles, ten sacks, and an interception. He is Scout.com's #286 prospect.

Wide Receivers

Michigan, it seems, wants 3-4, incl. 2-3 slot-WRs ... one big-wideout is in the fold now.

Michigan commitment no. 10. Tex. WR Daryl Stonum (6-2.5, 200, 4.4) from Fort Bend Dulles (teammate of Troy Woolfolk and Brandon Herron). He is safely enrolled at U-M.
    Sept. 15 official visit. He visited U-M June 8-10, and announced his decision on TV on Sun., July 1 -- for Michigan over USC and Florida. A Top 100 Junior who is running the 200m and 400m in the Junior Olympics in the Czech Republic. As a senior he made 39 catches for 591 yards (15.2 yards per carry) and 3 TD's. He is Scout.com's #52 prospect.

*NEW* -- Ohio WR D.J. Woods
    (6-0, 180, 4.4) from Stronsville. Formerly a WVA commit, the combo outside-slot WR is perhaps-expected to change his commit to U-M when he visits on Jan. 18. Jan. 11 Cinci visit. He made official visits to Iowa and Auburn in November before committing to WVA on his Dec. 8 visit there. Woods has run a 4.35 sec. 40 and a 3.94 sec. shuttle, both amazing stats. He has a 19 ACT score. In a season cut short by midseason surgery to remove a blood clot affecting a nerve in his back, Woods made 35 receptions for 840 yards (24 yards per catch).

*NEW* -- Texas Slot-WR Terrance Robinson (5-9, 175) from Spring (N. Houston suburbs) Klein Oak. The 4-star prospect is visiting U-M Jan. 25th, BC Jan. 18, and already visited Wake Forest -- those are his finalists, altho Bellotti of Oregon made an in-home and is trying for a visit as well.

*NEW* Ohio Slot-WR Michael Shaw (6-0, 190) from Trottwood Madison. U-M TE commit Brandon Moore's teammate was a PSU commitment, but decommitted, is visiting U-M Jan. 18 with Moore ...and things look promising.

Tight Ends

Two in the fold - TE seems set.

*NEW* Michigan Commitment no. 5: Ohio TE Brandon Moore (6-6, 220, 4.6) from Trotwood-Madison. Jan. 18 U-M visit, with teammate Michael Shaw. He is still committed, but has been considering visiting LSU, Florida, and possibly Tennessee. There were early-Oct. whispers that OSU was trying to get back in it for him, but a Purdue game visit re-solidified his commitment. He committed to U-M on May 18th. He attended the Apr. 3 U-M spring practice, and was at the fall '06 Vandy game as well. U-M offered him on Signing Day. He picked U-M over Georgia (first to offer), Miami, LSU and Clemson. Moore is an ESPN-AA-Game selectee.

*NEW* Michigan commitment no. 11. Ohio TE/DE Kevin Koger (6-4+, 235) from Toledo Whitmer. His commitment is solid ... his dad is a big U-M fan. Altho ... he visited MSU the Jan. 11 weekend ...
    He attended the U-M Camp on Wed., then went to the OSU camp for a day as well, the visited bot one more time -- and picked U-M on July 18th. He attended a U-M spring practice on March 27, and Apr. 12. He grew up a U-M fan (his dad is also a fan) and is close friend is U-M commit Elliott Mealer. He is Scout.com's #98 prospect.

Offensive Linemen

With four in the fold now, 3 OG's and 1 OT, U-M is likely done here.

*NEW* Michigan commitment no. 2: Mich. OG/OT Dann O'Neill (6-6, 285) from Grand Haven.
    --- **Interim info: Recruiting coach: Stripling (area), Moeller (position). He has now talked to R2-A2. His commitment is absolutely firm. He was impressive at the ESPN/UnderArmour All Star game, and he was also impressive at the 2007 U-M Camp ... a classic RT prospect. He received a Signing Day U-M offer and, according to his dad at the time, "has a little Blue in him." He couldn't attend the U-M Junior day because of wrestling, but attended the first U-M spring practice on March 17 -- and committed. He is an ESPN-AA-game selectee. He is underrated as Scout.com's #162 prospect.

Michigan commitment no. 3: Ohio OL Elliott Mealer (6-4, 280) from Wauseon. Recovering from a tragic car accident. He is good friends with Kevin Koger. 2007 U-M Camper, where he showed excellent quickness. He committed on April 23. He had offers from Cincinnati, Michigan State, Michigan, Indiana and Purdue. He had a 'grayshirt' OSU offer. He attended the Thurs, Apr. 12 U-M spring practice. He is Scout.com's #283 prospect.br>
    Michigan Commitment no. 4: Ind. OL Kurt Wermers (6-5, 275) from Crown Point. His commitment is firm - period. He committed to U-M on May 17th. He attended the U-M Jr. Day in Feb., and the Iowa game in fall '06. He had offers from U-M, Northwestern, Indiana, UCLA, Iowa and others. He helped Crown Point to a 12-1 season in Class 5A (largest class) football in 2006. He is Scout.com's #300 prospect.

Michigan Commitment no. 8: Instate OG/OC Rocco Khoury (6-4, 280) from Traverse City West. His commitment is firm. He attended the 2007 U-M Camp, was one of two O-linemen offered, and committed to U-M over MSU. A future OC(?) with a 30-inch vertical jump. He was also a U-M Junior Day attendee.

Defensive Linemen

*NEW* Michigan Commitment no. 7: Instate DT Mike Martin (6-1, 290) from Detroit (Novi) Catholic Central. Jan. 18 official visit, followed by ND Jan. 25. Wed., Jan. 16 R-Rod in-home. He visited U-M for a bowl practice the first week of December. He is visiting Notre Dame (Jan. 25), but is still considered a sorta-commit. He came to U-M on June 5th for an unofficial visit and committed. State shot put champ with a toss of 61 feet. He had an excellent PSU Nike Camp. He was the state heavyweight wresting champ this past winter. He is Scout.com's #225 prospect.

Mich. DE/OLB Nicholas Perry (6-4, 255) from Detroit King. Thu., Jan. 17 R-Rod in-home. U-M still hopes to land Perry, and still has a strong shot. Jan. 18 official visit. Also visiting USC (Jan. 11), MSU (Dec. 8), Miami (Jan. 25). He led King to a perfect 14-0 record and the Div. II state championship. Perry finished his season with 147 tackles and a staggering 36 sacks, which is a state record. He attended the PSU and ND games this fall. USC (Dec. 1 official visit) has entered the picture, as well as MSU (Dec. 7), Miami and West Virginia. He attended the U-M Spring Game. He attended a Jan. U-M basketball game, and the U-M Junior Day. He put on a good performance at the Army Junior Combine. He reports a 3.0 core GPA and a 16 ACT. Perry plans to take the SAT on Jan. 26. The Army All-American is Scout.com's #61 prospect.

Linebackers

*NEW* Commitment no. 6(???): N.J. LB Marcus Witherspoon (6-2, 210) from Abescon Holy Spirit. Tues, Jan. 15 R-Rod in-home. A Jan. 11 visit to Tennessee has made him 50-50, U-M/Tenn. with a Signing-Day decision ... his dad still wants U-M. Sept. 22 official visit for the PSU game. He visited U-M June 1-2 -- and committed. He attended the April 7 U-M spring practice. He received a U-M Signing Day offer. He is considered one of the top 2 LB prospects in Jersey (with fellow U-M recruit J.B. Fitzgerald), and was named 1st Team All State as a junior depite playing with a separated shoulder which limited him to 90 tackles. He was injured his sophomore season as well. As a senior he recorded 102 solo tackles, 27 sacks and one interception. He is Scout.com's #228 prospect.

*NEW* Commitment no. 15: N.J. LB J.B. Fitzgerald (6-3, 215) from Princeton Junction. Tues, Jan. 15 R-Rod in-home went very well. He is still considered a U-M commit - but he visited MSU Jan. 11, is visiting Rutgers Jan. 25, and may (altho more likely not?) visit OSU Jan. 18. He made his official U-M visit for the Sept. 22 PSU game. He visited U-M for the 3rd time June 2-3, this time with his parents. He also visited Florida in June, and Rutgers ... those 2 were U-M's main competition. He attended the April 5 U-M practice. He got a U-M Signing Day offer, and attended the U-M Junior Day. He is Scout.com's #115 prospect. As a senior he recorded 125 tackles, three sacks, six forced fumbles and two interceptions.

Michigan commitment no. 16: Instate LB Kenny Demens (6-1, 215) from Detroit Country Day. Wed., Jan. 16 R-Rod in-home. His commitment is solid. His uncles are U-M grads, which helps. He visited U-M for a bowl practice the first week of December. He says, "I’m going to stay with Michigan no matter what. No matter who the head coach is, it’s still Michigan at the end of the day.”**
    He announced his decision to be a Wolverine on Sept. 29. He made U-M unofficial visits for Sept. 8 Oregon and Sept. 15 ND games. Demens also looked at Nebraska and MSU. He was a U-M camper for a day, and if he'd come back for a second day he'd have worked out at FB as well. As a senior he made 151 tackles.

*NEW* -- Michigan commitment #18: -- Ohio LB Taylor Hill (6-2, 205) from Youngstown Cardinal Mooney, Ohio ... former WVA commit, he decommitted to U-M Jan. 14th, after visiting MSU Jan. 11th. Jan. 25 U-M official visit, He'd also been committed to Oklahoma earlier on.

*NEW* -- Fla. LB Laurentee McCray (6-2, 200, 4.5) from Dunnellon, Fla. He's visiting FSU the Jan. 11 weekend and Fla. next, and has already visited Tennessee ... he reportedly has a U-M offer now. Fla/FSU the big leaders.

Cornerbacks

*NEW* Michigan Commitment no. 1: Mich. CB Boubacar Cissoko (5-9, 180) from Detroit Cass Tech. Thu., Jan. 17 R-Rod in-home. He is still committed, and is visiting U-M Jan. 18. 2008 Army All-American - captain of East Team. The MVP of the '07 Army Junior Combine has the fastest feet we've ever seen, and is tough as well. He committed to U-M Feb. 5, 2007. As a senior he made 67 tackles, 10 tackles-for-loss and 2 interceptions. He is Scout.com's #28 prospect.

S.C. DB (cornerback or safety) J.T. Floyd (6-0, 185) from Greenville J.L. Mann. U-M is STILL in a decent position for him: he's visiting U-M Jan. 18 and Tennessee Jan. 25th. He's a Tennessee soft-commitment, but visited U-M this summer. For his senior year he made 65 tackles and one interception; on offense as a WR he had 50 receptions for 875 yards and 9 TD's. 3.7 GPA/980 SAT.

Possible new CB recruits:
    -- Miss. CB Charles Mitchell (5-11., 185, 4.5) from Clarksdale, MS. *but is he interested, will he visit?* He's visited Neb., is visiting MSST (Jan. 18), and SMISS or U-M on Jan. 25.

Safeties

Commitment #17: N.J. DB/Ath. Brandon Smith (6-3, 185) from New Brunswick. Picked U-M at the Army All-American game over BC, South Carolina. Subsecuently hurt his knee playing hoops, but it's not serious as first feared. Sept. 22 official visit for the PSU game. He got offered on Feb. 22nd, 2007, and U-M was his childhood fav. He is Scout.com's #70 prospect.

S.C. DB (cornerback or safety) J.T. Floyd (6-0, 185) from Greenville J.L. Mann. U-M is STILL in a decent position for him: he's visiting U-M Jan. 18 and Tennessee Jan. 25th. He's a Tennessee soft-commitment, but visited U-M this summer. For his senior year he made 65 tackles and one interception; on offense as a WR he had 50 receptions for 875 yards and 9 TD's. 3.7 GPA/980 SAT.

*NEW* S.C. S Jaron Brown (6-2, 190) from Cheraw. U-M (new staff) has offered him now, and he talked to R2-A2. His official visits: Clemson (leader, Jan. 11), South Carolina (close 2nd, Jan. 18), U-M (Jan. 25). For state championship game film on Brown (in which he had 3 rushes for 50 yards and a touchdown, 2 catches for 39 yards and a touchdown, and a 48 yard interception for a touchdown in the Cheraw win), click HERE.

*NEW* -- WR/S T.J. Lawrence (6-2, 190, 4.5) from Lakeland, Fla., Kathleen. He is visiting U-M Jan. 25th. He's visited VA and Fla. (Jan. 11), and will visit SCAR (Jan. 18) as well.

Texas S. Keanon Cooper (6-0, 190, 4.5) from Dallas Skyline. The ESPN-AA-Game selection favors Wisconsin slightly over Michigan (Jan. official visit?? We'll see ...), Texas Tech, Kansas and Minnesota (Sept. 29 official visit). He grew up a U-M fan. He reports a 3.4 core GPA and a 1400 three-part SAT.

+ Reply to Thread