+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 164
FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1634

Thread: Jethro's UM Football Thread

It sounds like Dan O'Neill is going to give up football completely. I haven't heard whether or not he will stay enrolled at Michigan or move back closer to home yet.

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    It sounds like Dan O'Neill is going to give up football completely. I haven't heard whether or not he will stay enrolled at Michigan or move back closer to home yet.
    Keeping my eyes on the GVSU thread.

Looks pretty much in the bag that Fitzgerald Toussaint and Isaiah Bell have both qualified and will be up on uM's campus on the 23rd. This comes from a couple myspace stalkers on GBW free boards.
    That leaves Jeremy Gallon and JT Turner. Turner has to pass something called the "Ohio Graduate Test" and has a couple more chances coming up. Gallon? No clue--can't even speculate.

I know highlight film is highlight film--but Fitzgerald Toussaint's highlight film is straight whack-off material for football junkies. I think he is going to be ootstanding. A Buckeye poster or two on the Buckeye boards that I've been PMing on Scout compare him to Clarett, and they said if OSU wouldn't have gotten Jamal Berry Tressel would have done whatever he could to get Toussaint into Columbus, and the only reason the buckeyes never really went after him was because they thought there was no way he'd get qualified.

http://heismanpundit.com/archives/2211
    Last edited by Zip Goshboots; 06-12-2009 at 09:52 AM.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Meanwhile Berry got busted for marijuana possession. He should have gone to Ann Arbor, where that's a simple $5 fine.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Meanwhile Berry got busted for marijuana possession. He should have gone to Ann Arbor, where that's a simple $5 fine.
    The $5 fine only exists if you are busted by an Ann Arbor city cop. If you get busted by the UM cops, the fine is higher. If you get busted by the state police, you can kiss your ass goodbye for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    The $5 fine only exists if you are busted by an Ann Arbor city cop. If you get busted by the UM cops, the fine is higher. If you get busted by the state police, you can kiss your ass goodbye for a while. FUCK THE POLICE
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    Watching UM-Minny from 2003 on BTN. Can't believe that was 6 years ago already.

I still feel the same now as I did back then- Barber's mum looks like a man, baby.

Great, great game, tho.

Navarre's TD catch was classic!
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    This is like a friggin video game.

Navarre just went deep to Braylon. He's thrown it nearly 40 times already and there is 10+ mins left still

So many NFL players out there it's silly
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Hey Jeth, what do you think of this WR situaish? Been reading good things about both Jehu Chesson (I like using this guy in NCAA 14) and Amara Darboh.

Of course, we already know about Dileo and Gallon.

Well, Darboh had his redshirt burned last year, mostly on special teams, but there have been videos showing him making some pretty spectacular catches. Chesson is someone Hoke specifically mentioned as a sleeper breakout player. Between the two of them and the 3 true freshmen on the team they are a lot deeper as a squad and RichRod is dead: all 5 are at least 6'2" and at least 180lbs. But speaking of RichRod type players, Dennis Norfleet is officially a slot receiver now, meaning you could see him on bubble screens, etc.

It's going to be an interesting thing to watch the changes to the offense overall. You should see much more running by running backs. Fitz said he is sure he's the #1 back, but Green's first carry in practice went 50 yards and killed some people (he's 240 lbs and basically the reincarnation of Beanie Wells - college version). But as the run sets up the pass, seeing a true pro style offense with all the hype behind Devin Gardner, I think you'll see WR's with gaudy numbers again. Since Manningham and Arrington left, only ONCE has any receiver in any season had more than 50 catches or 5 TD. That's just sad. Gallon and Funchess should both break that this year, but these two redshirt freshmen are really the X factor.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

+ Reply to Thread