+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 164
FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1634

Thread: Jethro's UM Football Thread

Looks like Kurt Wermers, one of the Big Six offensive line recruits from 2009 has left the building.
    One thing that tells me is UM's O-line is coming along nicely. Wermers was a 3 or 4 star, depending on whom you subscribe to, from Indiana who actually was getting some good pub on Scout earlier in the year. It seems he was destined for career back up, though.

UM is looking pretty good for Seantrel Henderson of Minnesota--he's about 6'8, 300 lbs of motherfucker, the #1 prospect in the country.

But they look DAMN good right now for Taurian Wilson of Miami, the #2 rated OL in the country.

I think the OL is going to be a real strength this year.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

what does "pretty good" mean re: seantrell wilson?

assuming we get atleast one of the 2 you mention, our lines really arent in as bad of shape as people whine about.

with them already being so high on taylor lewan, adding one or two of those guys could really set our offense up to be a juggernaut.

The haul last year was very good. Not just Lewan, but Schofield really starting gaining attention at the high school all star camps and games. He's a good one. Quentin Washington is a guy they are really high on as well (accorfding to Scout insiders)--and they really love Omameh and Barnum. Greg Frey is the OL coach, and the big time insiders who post on scout think he's one of the best in the biz. OL shouldn't be a worry going forward.

But, it does look like Big Dan O'Neill might not work out.

What's the story with O'Neill? He was supposed to be the best of his class and a candidate to play sooner since his HS team supposedly ran a very similar offense. Any insight on why it hasn't worked out for him? I could make assumptions but I'd rather not.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    What's the story with O'Neill? He was supposed to be the best of his class and a candidate to play sooner since his HS team supposedly ran a very similar offense. Any insight on why it hasn't worked out for him? I could make assumptions but I'd rather not.
    I think he was red-shirted so he's still got 4 years to work shit out...

Only Barnum & Omameh saw time last year, IIRC.

The entire class of OL redshirted, Willy. They all have four years.

Now, from what the insiders say on Scout: O'Neill is just having trouble getting into the system, the workoots, and the spread may just not be for his style. I dunno. I don't get it either. If you look at his player profile on Scout, he seems like a good fit for this offense.

As forecasted by yours truly, it looks like Dan O'Neill has left the team. I can see the headlines now--and they are not pretty. This was a kid who was gung-go for UM. Didn't fit the spread, apparently.

Well well...a purse snatching on The Diag at UM about 11:00 yesterday morning involving a suspect described as black, about 5'9, "fit build", wearing black pants, black shirt, black bandana--but also "in his late 20s" has the Sparties excited over on Rivals. Seems they think the cops are looking very closely at one Boubacar Cissoko...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Well well...a purse snatching on The Diag at UM about 11:00 yesterday morning involving a suspect described as black, about 5'9, "fit build", wearing black pants, black shirt, black bandana--but also "in his late 20s" has the Sparties excited over on Rivals. Seems they think the cops are looking very closely at one Boubacar Cissoko...
    All that was missing from this post was a prediction about bukdow's return.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    All that was missing from this post was a prediction about bukdow's return.
    Dude, that's a given.

+ Reply to Thread