+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 164
FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast

Thread: Jethro's UM Football Thread

Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Spring Practice Updates:

Carlos Brown out for spring w/ broken finger (weightlifting accident)
    The team seems to have a few nagging injuries, small things, that are probably the result of the new training program
    Dave Molk, who has been a vocal leader and a spring star so far, in terms of effort and buying into the new system, is "sick": They are hoping it's not mono (according to Scout). If it is, he's fucked. Last year (or maybe the year before) Nebraska lost their starting center for the entire season due to mono...

A guy on Scout who "went to the practice" says Slocum and Sagesse are injured. This Slocum oddyssey is one that can't end soon enough for me. Between him having to go to prep school or something because he came out of high school not knowing how to read or write, and all the shit since (MySpace, etc), either he gets on the field and dominates like a motherfucker, or this has been one serious waste of time and resources.

I'm hearing some random chatter about people quitting the team in the Spring. There is a specific rumor about one guy transferring to tO$U. Also, there are some rumors flying around about the name Boren.

Someone tell me what is going because this would suck donkey dick!!!

It's all true, and here's proof:

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    I'm hearing some random chatter about people quitting the team in the Spring. There is a specific rumor about one guy transferring to tO$U. Also, there are some rumors flying around about the name Boren.Someone tell me what is going because this would suck donkey dick!!!
    Looks like it is Boren. Apparently Perry Dorkstein is back, but Boren skipped the team meeting. If there's a guy to transfer to OSU, it'd be him, but that's not scary. He's a Lloyd holdover, and probably isn;t good enough to make OSU's team. But if the would tranfer there, he'd have to sit out TWO years, so that don;t make sense.
    BUT, the accounts being given are that Boren has an injured wrist and felt he was being pushed, and, if you are ready for this: He doesn't like all the swearing that RR and co do. Oh jeezus, if this is true, if UM has these kinds of players on their team, I'm going green. Fuck that, I'll be a Buckeye fan. No, fuck that, I'll give up college football.

BTW: Someone posted on the premium board that Donovan Warren is transferring

Details at a morning press conference. The press conference will be given by the new Spokesperson for Michigan, Lance Bass.

Isn't this the same Boren who was a starter this past year as a true Soph? Who played real minutes as a frosh?

Methinks he'd be welcome up the road with a coach who respects the Lord.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

He was a starter for Lloyd Carr, dingbat. His feelings are hurt by a little swearing. He'd be lucky to make OSU's scout team. Have you looked at the Olinemen they've got coming in?
    He might be welcomed by Tressel, but would he welcome sitting out for two years under Big 10 "intraconference transfer rules"?

Blog Entries
    I think he means Pastor Mark, Zip.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I think he means Pastor Mark, Zip.
    Oh, yeah. As if.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    He was a starter for Lloyd Carr, dingbat. His feelings are hurt by a little swearing. He'd be lucky to make OSU's scout team. Have you looked at the Olinemen they've got coming in?
    He might be welcomed by Tressel, but would he welcome sitting out for two years under Big 10 "intraconference transfer rules"?
    I'm just going to remind you that Carr was pretty good at putting together a good OL. Players like Long, Baas, Hutchinson, Jansen, Backus(at least in college), and many more. Many other positions - go ahead, complain. But Carr usually was real good with the OL.

And he would only have to sit out 1 year, but couldn't get a scholarship. At least that's my understanding of the intraconference transfer rule.

And yes, MD is the less swearing coach.
    Last edited by detroitsportscity; 03-25-2008 at 12:36 PM.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

+ Reply to Thread