+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 164
1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Jethro's UM Football Thread

Jethro's UM Football Thread

This is a special thread for Jethro, who asked for ANY and ALL information regarding Michigan Football. Jethro, I hope you like this. I'm using all my extensive resources developed over the years to put this stuff together for you. You must be aware, though, that where I lack the facts and correct information that you (and others, too) will find useful, I'll just make some shit up. First up (Most comes from Scout, which I have chosen over Rivals, much to the dismay of Chris Balas):
    Interesting ... players being told this.

All through the year ... there is an 'extra-curricular game' that's going to be played.

Players are grouped into about 12 mini-teams of 8 ... with each "team" having offensive and defensive players, at different positions as well.

Then there is a weekly (Mon-Sat) "competition," with points kept ... encompassing everything: academics, practice, weight room, game-performance.

The losing team each week - gets a 'reward' of a 6AM weight-room session with Coach Barwis and staff.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Good, a UofM only football thread. Cuz I don't care who's going to Eastern Tennessee St Technical Institute.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Here's some info on Ryan Mallet, from a couple friends who are "insiders", and DO have some connections:

There is a feeling that Mallet was gone even if Lloyd, Loefler, or Debord (or any combination of the three) stayed around. Mallet has been a poor fit at UM, is not well liked (to say the least) by team mates, and is regarded as a malcontent by many around Ann Arbor.
    It goes as far as him being "kicked out" of frat parties, regular parties, and him being a loner looking out for himself. Reports of being "uncoachable", and telling fellow players that he was "outta here" long before bowl week and Lloyd's announcement of retiring.
    In short, the Mallet transfer has come as a shock to no one, and there are whispers that Lloyd knew of it for some time.
    It appears that there wasn;t much RR could do, even though RR has said he talked to Ryan about how he could mold the offense to Mallet's talents.
    Take it for what it's worth, but I have heard this from more than one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Good, a UofM only football thread. Cuz I don't care who's going to Eastern Tennessee St Technical Institute.
    They just signed Kleefbelt "The Yule Log" Bogenshlotz, a 5'7, 338 lbs lineman fromYipshhood-On-Feather, Glastonbury, Scotland. He's a 1/2 star who can double as a long snapper. Bogenshlotz was a serious target of Mark Dantonio and the Sparties, and Dantonio reportedly told the ETSTI coach that "Pride cometh before the fall".**

**Though this report is true, don't expect too much other than UM news, and then the occassional comedic relief from the drudgery of Serious Football Talk.
    Last edited by Zip Goshboots; 01-11-2008 at 09:49 AM.

Article on possible starting QB Steven Threet from the Fucking Free Press:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...02/1048/SPORTS

Here's something on Pryor
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../80111010/1048

i laughed pretty hard at that one.

I don't like the name change of this thread. I am protesting. Call it the Jethro UM Football Thread or soemthing. I'm really ticked off this time.

Thank you. Do you young guys see the Power of the Voice? Just speak up, politely, and classy, like I do when you see an injustice.

By the way, change it to this: The Jethro 34 UM Football Thread. Or else I'll go stark raving mad and I won't leave any squirrell corn out ALL winter.

Mike Martin speaks. This is one guy RR needs to get into the ear of, big time. Charlie (Young men should honor their committments) Weis is going HARD after Martin, a UM commit. Martin would probably soften the blow of losing Taylor, who all the sudden thinks he's ready to start for the New England Patriots:

From Rivals
    Detroit Catholic Central defensive tackle Mike Martin was one of Michigan's strongest commitment recruiters at home games this past fall, but the change in head coaches has had the 6-1, 295-pound prospect considering other options himself.

A four-star prospect according to Rivals.com, Martin made his commitment to Michigan in July and said he is standing by that commitment still.

"It's 100 percent solid right now," said Martin. "I am still committed to Michigan; things haven't changed. Everything is good right now."

Martin is still listening to overtures from the Notre Dame coaching staff, however, and is looking to set up a visit with the Irish in the next couple weeks.

"I had an early interest in them, but I had never gotten an offer," Martin noted. "I always followed Notre Dame a little bit and I always had a little bit of interest in them, so this offer kind of excites me. I guess I just have to go down there and see for myself. I would just have to get a feeling that would make me change.

Martin is looking to visit Notre Dame the weekend of Jan. 18
    "I talked to Coach [Charlie] Weis today. I called him and he talked to me for about 10 minutes. He was telling me what he thought about me and they are coming into the school on Tuesday. They were trying to get me to visit on the weekend of the 18th and 19th, so I'm just trying to get everything situated and hopefully I'll be able to make it out there that weekend.

Martin said Notre Dame is the only other school outside of Michigan he is seriously considering at this point. The Michigan coaching staff has also been in constant contact with him since Rich Rodriguez took over the program last month.

"I talked to Coach Rod a couple times and Coach [Tony] Dews called me after the last Michigan basketball game," Martin said. "I talked to Coach Dews and Coach [Tony] Gibson that night and the relationship is getting stronger as each day goes on. They are just a bunch of great guys and I'm getting excited to learn more about them.

"They said that they have total confidence I'm going to be able to fit in whether they go to an odd 3-front or 4-front. They know I can come in and play. They said they watched my film and know all about me. They recruited me when they were at West Virginia and Coach Dews was my recruiting coach at West Virginia. They were joking around that it was funny we were in contact again."

Recruiting is not Martin's only focus this month. He is the defending Division 1 wrestling state champion in the heavyweight division and has been dominant again this winter, getting off to an 18-0 start.

"We had a dual match yesterday and we lost both of them by close margins, but I pinned one guy in ten seconds and I pinned the other guy in under one period, so I'm doing well myself," Martin added.

Catholic Central hosts their own Invitational this coming weekend where Martin will get several more opportunities to prove his dominance.

OK. Just change it to "Jethro's UM Football Thread". It's subtle, but magnificent.

+ Reply to Thread