+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 164
FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Thread: Jethro's UM Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Yeah, like a typical Spartina. Coming on strong and turning LEFT where the sarcasm meant that he should turn RIGHT. No shocker that a Sparty (and his cabin boy) miss out on humor. I guess that's what happens when no one really notices that you have a football team, and when they do, it's because you blow a 900-3 lead to Notre Dame at home, and the national face of your program becomes Mike Valenti and HR Puffenstuff.
    That's why we hired MD, and fired JLS. We didn't blow a lead to ND, and I tihnk we remained legendary Valenti meltdown free this year.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Foster
    Mike, Mike...MIKE! Settle down man! Come on MIKE! Put the GAT DOWN OH GOODDD SOMEONEE HELP MEEEE! OHHHH NOO Mike! That's the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! MIKE! That's NOT HR PUFFENSTUFF!! OOOOH GOD THE HUMANITY!
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

BTW UM can actually probably go to 26 if need be since Stonum wont count against the 25 per year schollie rule.

Plus UM is allowed to oversign by 3. Minnesota BTW is leaving the conference to play in the SEC with their 30+ recruits this year.

I am laying low. The whole Pryor thing has gotten the boards about unbearable to read.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Let's hope Stonum's proper paperwork gets in so he doesn't end up like Artis Chambers.

Thanks for helping turn the ship back to UM, Art.
    Also, good to know that we can put offers out there and not have to pull many back because of chips falling our way.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Two days and a wake up til signing day, and here is what Scout thinks may be happening today:

Terrence Robinson expected to announce tonight, things are looking Blue (Rivals and Scout 4 Star)

Justin Feagin is in town with his Moms, and again, he could accept a UM offer as early as today (Scout 2 star, Rivals 3 star)

Martavious Odoms is expected to announce on signing day, and it looks like it's UM or South Florida for him. RichGod had been recrooting him for WVU. He has an offer from Miami, but it's a track scholly (Scout 4 star, Rivals 3 star)
    Onterio McCalebb will announce on signing day. He's one to look out for, as he goes 5'11, 175, and runs a 4.35 40. If UM lands Robinson tonight, then RR and Co may have to choose who they offer between McCalebb and Odoms. Odoms is 5'8, 170, and runs a 4.4. (Scout 4 star, can;t find him on Rivals)
    Ricky Barnum OL prospect, is in town. Committed to Florida on Jan 11 visit, according to Scout, in a "Here's an offer. Accept it now or fuck off" Urban Meyer kind of way. He's a growing boy, right now he's listed at 6'3, 280. Was at 260 last year at this time. (Scout 3 star, Rivals 4 star)

In our next post, we'll take a look at the Ohio Trotwood gang, and have some updates on others.

As promised, here's a look at the Trotwood kids that UM has in this weekend. Note that Michael Shaw isn't in town, and apparently has shut himself off from recrootniks so he can make a decision. It seems that it's down to UM and Penn State. We'll talk about Shaw later in this post.

Roy Roundtree 6'1, 185; Currently a purdue committ, he is apparently here to get an offer, and it is believed he will accept on the SPOT. Rivals lists him as a 4 star, Scout a 3 star. Rivals say he run a 4.4, Scout say he run a 4.5. Either way, he's an Ohio kid who could help UM reestablish itself as a recrooting force in the Buckeye state, along with the other Trotwoodians (like Brandon Moore and Michael Shaw)

Domonick Britt 6'5, 190; the quarterback of Trotwood Madison. 4.6 40. Originally a Cincinnati committ, he opened things back up awhile ago, as word spread that he was actually pretty good. Was looking at Pitt, a few other schools, and WEST VIRGINIA. He'd be a project, probably redhsirt him, but with Barwis, the kid just may be a future combination of Tom Brady and Michael Vick. Scout says they'd be surprised if Britt got an offer today (he's in town with the TW Gang), and that he may not accept even if he did, but I think maybe he'll end up in Ann Arbor. It seems these Trotwood kis are all pretty smart, and they want to get the hell out of Ohio and move up to Michigan, and I can't blame them. Scout 2 star, but very raw.

Michael Shaw 6'0, 185, 4.4 40, and benches 265 (That's what Tyler Hoover benches. See? Even THINKING about working out with Barwis makes you stronger). Obviously, after (or maybe ahead of) Brandon Moore, this is the Trotwood guy you want. He is struggling with the PSU-UM decision, and if UM steals him consider it 11 big wins in a row over JoePa. No one can get hold of Shaw (and believe me, Tahoe is trying), and I think he's trying to shut out the noise of the Penn Staters. It looks pretty good right now, but I do think it will be a surprise, as he has been listed for a long time as a "solid verbal" to Penn State. Rivals and Scout 4 star.

It is believed all these Trotwood Madison kids would love to play together in college; it also appears that they are GOOD enough to accomplish that. While the Sparties are creaming in their panties because the genius Dantonio is recruiting speed (wow, glad HE thought of that), and grabbing some Ohio kids, UM is still going after the BETTER players in Ohio, and is snagging them, with the possibility of getting more.

I know Jethro was worried about UM handing out schollies like "candy", but taking a look at the players they are seriously pushing for (and we'll update on a couple others), you can see that not only is RichGod upgrading from his Morgantown recruiting trail, but he is going after talent. And he must have attended a Mark DingDongtonio seminar about recruiting SPEED also.

Boy, is the college football world lucky that Mark DingDongtonio invented speed.

Tahoe is telling me that we have a committment announcement. Stay tuned.

What the fuck else you got to do today?

Justin Feagin has Committed to Michigan!!

Well, at least THESE guys took notice:

McCaleb is a 4 star on Rivals

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

+ Reply to Thread