+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 164
FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: Jethro's UM Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    I KNOW tommy's just jealous because Tahoe invented this thread before he did.
    lol

Blog Entries
    Well, this whole exchange lost steam.

Back to football.

Blog Entries
    You guys are gonna scare tommy away again.
    Find a new slant.

Good reading today, and some BJ Daniels highlights to boot. Just under the BJ Daniles stuff is some good material on the Pryor Predicament that is now facing him and the school he chooses to attend.

http://www.mgoblog.com/
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Now Desmond Howard gets into the act.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...1270691/&imw=Y

Desmond: D'ya really think it would have been that easy to poach Miles from LSU in the middle of a national championship run?

The next time I hear the phrase "Michigan Man", it's barf city. That phrase is getting to be as tired and worn out as "toss someone under the bus", which, by the way, "Michigan Men" Chad Henne and Desmond Howard seem to be doing with UM football right about now.
    I wonder if Bo Schembechler, the Ohio Man brought in in 1968 to coach Michigan, was faced with dolts who were acting like crying brats every time someone stuck a microphone up their ass.
    Last edited by Zip Goshboots; 01-27-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Michigan has at least one bit of good news from this past weekend, and it is GOOD

After returning earlier today from an official visit to Rutgers this weekend, Marcus Witherspoon has decided to stick with his first choice.

According to Holy Spirit High School football coach Bill Walsh, Witherspoon has decided to stay with the University of Michigan. The 6-2, 225-pound All-State linebacker and Courier-Post Defensive Player of the Year made a verbal commitment to the Big Ten school last summer but re-opened the recruiting process right after Michigan named Rich Rodriguez its new head coach.

``He felt the bottom line was that a degree from Michigan has some power,'' Walsh said. ``After meeting with the new defensive coordinator and linebackers coach, he felt comfortable.

``Marcus had a great visit with Rutgers. He liked (head coach) Greg Schiano, the coaching staff and the players.''

Witherspoon also made an official visit to Tennessee. Representatives from all three schools made visits to Holy Spirit in last two weeks as well.

Check back later for an update from Witherspoon and check out Monday's C-P for the complete story.

For those of you who are following Tahoe's work here, there is some electricity in the air this fine morning about a possible committment that may happen today or tomorrow night when RichGod makes an in home visit with Terrence Robinson. This is looking good, a RR stamp on recruiting (besides holding this class together, which has been pretty fucking amazing).

I've heard rumblings about Perry's visit this weekend but no real data.
    Supposedly his brother is saying it went well.
    Of course Mallett's mom said Tahoe was NOT in her bed and Ryan hadn't made a decision, so you never really can trust family.

The 9 days between now and Signing Day are taking a terribly long time to get here.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

The Perry visit went extremely well. Perry's brother was extremely excited. They are LOVING Barwis, and the way the brother spoke indicated that Perry was very impressed, and the visit went a long way with him.

There could be a signing day surprise, but there is strong feeling on Scout that Perry will end up at Michigan.

Blog Entries
    It might be time for a BARWIS appreciation thread, or maybe this is already it?

Next up: a BARWIS emoticon
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread