+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: U of M Basketball

yea, we suck. hopefully manny harris really like UM, cuz hes got to be wondering what hes doing in ann arbor right now.

From what I've seen from Manny, he can put points on the board, but he makes a lot of stupid decisions. He's not innocent...

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Losing by 14 to the #11 team in the country when you only have 8 scholarship players (by choice)? Why is that cause to believe things are horrible?

We WILL come around. Think of how absolutely different this offense is. Beilein himself said it takes many players 2 or 3 years to learn. That's not such a big deal when you have 7 or 8 guys that know it, upperclassmen, and it's only a handful learning it. But when EVERYONE is learning it and there is one senior and one junior on the team that had scholarships prior to a couple weeks ago (when he gave a schollie to walk-on CJ Lee) - how can you truly mourn the state of the program?

Yes, it is FAR worse than what I expected and I'm being a HUGE apologist, but this is the type of year that builds character and makes a team either fall apart or get stronger.

I don't hear complaints from the players, and you would imagine that if there were any we would have heard at least something at this point.

They will come out stronger next year, and by the following year, if Sims, Grady, Udoh and Harris are still around, they will be extremely competitive. They will have incredibly talented upperclassmen who fully understand the system and have matured - and each subsequent class will be on the progression scale to continue feeding the team.

I'm not at all worried.

Sadly, this impacts recruiting. It must. But he'll win with lesser talent while he has to. When he gets the teams winning and the better recruits start to follow, that's when you'll have to look out for a team that could make the run to a championship.

Within 2 years, barring transfers, career-threatening injuries, and/or early departures for the NBA - we'll be in the Sweet Sixteen.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Within 2 years, barring transfers, career-threatening injuries, and/or early departures for the NBA - we'll be in the Sweet Sixteen.
    For Jethro and anyone who agrees with him

Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    They are supposed to be bad this year, everybody knows this is a "wain and see year" for Michigan basketball.

Ekpe Udoh, DeShawn Sims, Kelvin Grady, and Manny Harris are a solid young core that should lead this team to a NCAA Tournament birth in 2 years...

This may be Beilein's "best coaching year ever" with this serious lack of talent

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    This may be Beilein's "best coaching year ever" with this serious lack of talent
    Okay, you're on fire today.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread