+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: HD DVD vs Blu Ray... the tipping point?

Well, if there is a sale bringing the Sony down to the 2000 range i might do that. We'll see.

EDIT- I've been reading some more about it and the Sony XBR4 seems to have the best 120Hz system. Since I'm a big sports fan it's probably worth the extra money to eliminate any motion blur. I'll just have to keep checking the prices to get a good deal.

Does Best Buy match online prices at all? What about stores that are not local? I thought it was just local stores, but just checking.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 01-08-2008 at 11:58 PM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Marcus (Farmington Hills) - Dear Keith, how much does a typical Blu Ray player cost? Where can I buy one?
    Find a new slant.

Hahaa
    _

why go Blu Ray when you can go 3D

but if you just want the regular 2D of viewing, make sure to get 150" plasma

^^^^^wow

welp, as a ps3 owner, its good to see i made one of many...good choices in life
    twitter.com/screamphoenix

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

the tipping point? What does the H in H-DVD really stand for?
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

HAHA, where did you find that? That's hilarious
    _

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    HAHA, where did you find that? That's hilarious
    found it posted on some HD forum. Pretty good editing.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I went to Best Buy yesterday to compare the Sony XBR4 and the Samsung 4665F. That glossy finish on the Samsungs is terrible. It reflects everything. Does anybody else have one of these? I assume you get less glare at home without the gymnasium lights, but it still seems like glare would be a big issue unless you have the thing in your basement.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

My parents have one with a glossy finish and I honestly don't ever notice it. It looks nice when the TV is off, and when you're actually watching something you completely forget about it.
    _

+ Reply to Thread