+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Painfully obvious need for rebounding...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Good stuff, Chris.
    Or Matt.
    Find a new slant.

Yeah, just caught that before I jumped to this page. Saw syndicate, didn't see any FlipM love in the post to signify Glenn, made an assumption without actually looking.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    If the game consisted of nothing more than jumping and dunking, yes, Maxiell is indeed a better player than Antonio McDyess.

It's ridiculous to say he's a better defender just because he blocks half a shot more every game. There's a lot more to playing defense than blocking a shot every now and then.
    I never said Jason Maxiell is a better defender solely because he is a better shot blocker than dyess (which he unquestionably is). He's also more physical and has freakishly long arms which makes him surprising tough to shoot over for somethat that is so unfortunately undersized.

Jason Maxiell is a more complete defensive player than the one-legged Antonio Mcdyess.

Back to the thought of who we could add, I am suprised no one brought up Elton Brand. Assuming we negotiated an extension with him prior to the trade, this is a player who the Clippers may not be annxious to keep or risk him leaving. In the end, Brand would cost us Tayshaun, Amir, and Flip Murray.

I am not sure of this trade, but I think it would be good for us. We have NO low post game or great offensive rebounder right now, and Brand would give us continuity after Sheed's contract is up. Tay is great, but I think this would be a move we have to make. The big winner would probably be Hermann, who would be the only 6-9 SF on the roster, but everyone from Stuckey to AA would get more PT. Dice back to the bench with Stuckey, Maxiell and AA sounds nice as well. Your thoughts?

When is he coming back from the injury? He's not back yet, I don't believe. And he's got to get back into game shape and get comfortable and get over the thought of re-injuring it (which can be tough). I don't know how well that would work out. And I don't know about giving up Tay in that. He's our best one-on-one defender, and he's one of the few guys that can shut down opposing stars. If you could turn that deal into Brand for McDyess, Amir, Flip, and maybe Brezec or someone for filler and a few picks (like the upcoming first and a second), then I'd be all over it, but I don't think that's happening.
    _

I guess I'm the only one who thinks Sheed is playing great defense this season. Other than one major lapse on his part and one time not getting help, he mostly kept Dallas from driving to the basket all night. Unfortunately they managed to hit darn near every shot they took, or at least it seemed like.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEN'S FRO
    Back to the thought of who we could add, I am suprised no one brought up Elton Brand. Assuming we negotiated an extension with him prior to the trade, this is a player who the Clippers may not be annxious to keep or risk him leaving. In the end, Brand would cost us Tayshaun, Amir, and Flip Murray.

I am not sure of this trade, but I think it would be good for us. We have NO low post game or great offensive rebounder right now, and Brand would give us continuity after Sheed's contract is up. Tay is great, but I think this would be a move we have to make. The big winner would probably be Hermann, who would be the only 6-9 SF on the roster, but everyone from Stuckey to AA would get more PT. Dice back to the bench with Stuckey, Maxiell and AA sounds nice as well. Your thoughts?
    I'd love to get Brand, but you'd have to move Dyess in that package or Max never plays. Plus you'd want to free up that salary for a re-signed Brand anyway. If you only move Tay (salary wise) you are going to add another 6-8 mil and be pusihing tax level. Moving Dyess would allow you to replace Tay at SF with the MLE. You might be able to work Maggs in that deal too somehow.

I don't know about the specific deal, but Brand would compliment Sheed nicely, that is for sure. He can also play center when Max is in there, something Dyess does, but is undersized for.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luniz
    I guess I'm the only one who thinks Sheed is playing great defense this season. Other than one major lapse on his part and one time not getting help, he mostly kept Dallas from driving to the basket all night. Unfortunately they managed to hit darn near every shot they took, or at least it seemed like.

I agree too, his defense has been great this year. But he's not rebounding enough on either end of the floor, and he still would rather sit on the perimeter to take shots rather than try and take advantage of his length inside...

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ledezma
    I agree too, his defense has been great this year. But he's not rebounding enough on either end of the floor, and he still would rather sit on the perimeter to take shots rather than try and take advantage of his length inside...
    I wouldn't expect it to change much. His minutes this season are slightly down vs his career average and his rebounds are slightly up.

He rebounded pretty well last night. I don't see him being a great match posting up all the time, maybe only against about half the teams in the league. I don't think he's as physical as he used to be, which is understandable.

+ Reply to Thread