+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire Primary

Mit comes across ok for me.
    Players meeting my ASS!

how is ron paul not part of this debate??? he has as much a right to be there as mccain, thompson, and giuliani.

Because Fox told him you are not invited and quit masquerading as a Repuclican.

It was a lil dust up, but Fox stood by their formula for being invited.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    i thought people hated mit cuz hes a mormon, but theres something very disingenuous about him. hes not believable.
    He's a nice-hair sales weenie who'll say anything.

I'm kinda liking Romney. I remember you, mxy, posting the youtube thing on Romney...I think it was Utube, where he switched on this or that, but couldn't find it.

He did become pro-life, but I switched on that issue too. He addressed it tonight.
    Players meeting my ASS!

1) ive stated i think this is an especially important election many times. so you can only imagine how disgusted i was to see people interviewed by fox in the post debate discussion bring up abortion as their first issue. my god. what the fuck is wrong with some people?

2) did fox ever explain why ron paul isnt allowed to talk. after all, hes more of a true conservative than anyone running or currently in office, imo. paul's blacklisting, sans a very good explanation, is a rather disturbing development in american democracy. if i harbor on this very long, i could get reaaaaaaaaaaaaaly upset.

re: Paul They did state their requirements at the begining but I didn't pay much attention to it.

The Abortion thing is prolly still trying to get the Christian right to vote for them. It more about votes than their true conviction on the issue, imo.

edit...

I'll make a prediction. Huckabee won't make any noise in the Rep race again. He's toast.
    Players meeting my ASS!

If I was a Christian, or cared about sanctity of life, I would be going to war right now over abortion. If I believed that thousands of babies were being killed I'd have no choice but to make it my #1, 2, and 3 issue. But I don't care, so kill away.
    And I'll be voting for Paul in some way I'm sure. He's no Republican though, they ran far away from conservitivism years ago. Republicans are just Democrats without the common sense include the tax part in "tax and spend".

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I'm kinda liking Romney. I remember you, mxy, posting the youtube thing on Romney...I think it was Utube, where he switched on this or that, but couldn't find it.
    I don't know where I posted it, but they're all over YouTube and easy to find:

Remember, Romney's a leveraged buyout dude. AFAICT, his biggest consistent principle is the almighty $. He's done a lot of "nice-guy" things, but they're calculated. My sense is that at the end of the day, his rich friend special interests come first.

He did become pro-life, but I switched on that issue too. He addressed it tonight.
    Out of curiosity, what prompted you to switch? Maybe this deserves to be a separate thread.
    Last edited by Uncle Mxy; 01-07-2008 at 10:49 AM.

It just kind of happened over the course of a few years.

My brother-in-law was a gynecologist, not religious at all. He did abortions the first part of his practice, but stopped.

He said they were being used as birth control. He was a really smart guy(passed away) and well thought out. It wasn't that short of a reason for him to quit but I tried to boil it down to a one-liner.

It wasn't just him but he did have a part in my thinking.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread