+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Benazir Bhutto Dead

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    The more I thought about this the more I think she may have been wreckless. She was more important to her country, the region and maybe the world, living than dead. Its like she didn't care.
    I have to wonder what type of candidates we'd see here if the Secret Service weren't protecting them. We've had influential candidates shot down in the U.S. as well.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Don't forget that Jim Jones shot down a helicopter with a Senator in it who was investigating Jonestown in Guyana.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    I have to wonder what type of candidates we'd see here if the Secret Service weren't protecting them. We've had influential candidates shot down in the U.S. as well.
    I'm aware of that. I'm talking about going out and campaigning when you were booted from the country, the current boss prolly isn't wishing you much success, AQ doesn't like you, Islamic militants don't like you, all want you dead and you go out with little security.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    I'm aware of that. I'm talking about going out and campaigning when you fled the country to avoid facing corruption charges, the current boss prolly isn't wishing you much success, AQ doesn't like you, Islamic militants don't like you, all want you dead and you go out with little security.
    Fixed.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    "Corruption"! HA! Kennedy was corrupt. Doesn't mean he deserved to be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    "Corruption"! HA! Kennedy was corrupt. Doesn't mean he deserved to be shot.
    No, but having fled the country in 1998 (well before Musharraf and his shenanigans) to avoid facing money laundering charges does put some perspective on the braveheart treatment she's getting in this thread.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    From her perspective, she went into exile to avoid facing death and kangaroo courts. Note that most Pakistani leaders get ejected on corruption charges, if the military doesn't stage a coup first. We're constrained to choose the lesser of two evils, play "enemy of my enemy is my friend" tactics, and get ourselves into fucked up situations as a conseuqence.

For example, there's the matter of the Taliban growing as a power in Pakistan under her watch in the '90s. But, they would've likely grown more had their other party been in power. So, does that make her "good" or "bad"?

No one is a saint here, in my book. Maybe her death will effect more positive change than her life did. I'm waiting for another Elton John "Candle In The Wind" remake... "Goodbye Benazir... though I never knew you at all..."

I must have been mistaken. I thought it was BB's husband that was the sheister and when the shit hit the fan...she got some of it.

Not saying she was innocent (cuz none of us were there) but from what I remember back then, he husband and his family, iirc, were a bunch of crooks.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    So do the Born Agains of the US, the NEXT most dangerous religious fucks in the world.

Link please.

+ Reply to Thread