+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Xbox question

New Xbox question

My roommate has had a 360 for a year so we have all been playing on that. I just bought one for myself and I was wondering if there is a way to transfer my saved game information from his Xbox to mine. Can I use a simple flash drive to do it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Quote Originally Posted by D's Nuts
    My roommate has had a 360 for a year so we have all been playing on that. I just bought one for myself and I was wondering if there is a way to transfer my saved game information from his Xbox to mine. Can I use a simple flash drive to do it?

Aren't there memory cards that plug into the controllers? I'm pretty sure the original xbox does that. maybe your flash drive will work, don't know.

Are you going to bring that thing out and play halo 3 with me D?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D's Nuts

Just switch the hard drives (assuming your new 360 came with a hard drive)...

If I took my hard drive, and used it on my buddies XBOX 360, all my saved shit would be on his XBOX 360 then...

Isn't that just swapping hard drives though? How would it be saved on both hard drives?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ledezma
    Just switch the hard drives (assuming your new 360 came with a hard drive)...

If I took my hard drive, and used it on my buddies XBOX 360, all my saved shit would be on his XBOX 360 then...
    Yeah but that wouldnt really help. I want to copy my saved game stuff from the downstairs xbox and then take it to my xbox upstairs. therefore i would be able to play games with my saved information and not have to start all over again

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure how to copy...

Is there a way to transfer data from a harddrive to a memory card??? Maybe if you have a memory card, put that in the new one, then take the old hard drive and put that into the new one...

???

I'm not really sure...

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I was going to say: I think you need an xbox xport (I ordered one myself) or some other transferring device.

You don't really need a transfer kit or a memory card.

As long as your profile on the original 360 was Live enabled (even if it is just Silver), you can recover that profile onto your new XBox with all your game data.

So its uploaded then downloaded to the new box?
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread