+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: t-mac

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    I can't think of any obvious reason why Houston would want to do this trade.
    They're creeped out by the lazy eye?
    Find a new slant.

if they feel t-mac and yao arent a good match, which as i stated in my original post, i think is becoming apparent, then trading t-mac is the logical choice.

if they want to move him for the best player available, we'd probably be out of the running.

if they want to trade him for the best shooting guard available, not shaking up the team too much and conitnuing to contend, it might be rip. if we sweeten the deal with a few prospects and draft picks and i think we are a logical choice.

i think its pretty likely t-mac gets traded in the somewhat near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ledezma
    No because Houston is obviously not good enough to win the Title...

Daryl Morey's wants to make a change for the sake of change...
    houston isnt playing well, but theyve been picked to win the title by many "experts" for the last few years now.

RIP and Yao would work good togther. They could post Yao and RIP can do his cuts off Yao's post ups. I watched the game last night and Yao played very well. But all the complementary players (besides Bonzi) just stood up at the 3 point line and watched. Yao had to yell at them to cut all night. They need a guy that stays in motion because Yao is a good passer.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

The first thing I thought when I saw t-mac in the Trade Ideas thread was "no". There's a reason for that.
    _

I wouldn't do it either. he's been out of the lineup so much with back problems you can classify it as cronic at this point. While you can overcome that in the regular season, what happens when it flairs up in the playoffs?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    RIP and Yao would work good togther. They could post Yao and RIP can do his cuts off Yao's post ups. I watched the game last night and Yao played very well. But all the complementary players (besides Bonzi) just stood up at the 3 point line and watched. Yao had to yell at them to cut all night. They need a guy that stays in motion because Yao is a good passer.
    McGrady for Ray Allen

lol sry

the reason i picked t-mac is because i think the pretty much only way we upgrade the team is at the 2. its not too likely we find someone better for us at the 1, 3, or 4 (sheed). mcdyess is upgradeable, but i dont know where we'd find that upgrade. we could probably improve the bench, but we have a nice mix of youth and balance there. and tmac is or will be available soon.

i get that it is risky with his back, but if hes healthy he'd be a huge upgrade. if we could get himwithout losing C.B, T.P, R.W, A.M, or stucky and maxiell, i think we'd have to gamble on it.

with the team we have, i dont see any matchup in the finals that we'd have better than a 40% or so chance of winning. we get t-mac and that number would go up quite abit, imo.

Alot of risks involved in this trade but it plays out really well IF everything goes as planned. tmacs gotta stay healthy and I think he'd do wonders for us in our system, compared to adelman's.

what about someone like jrich? it'd be hard to get him with the fact that we just made a trade with the cats and all. however i dont think we need to be trading any starters at the way we are playing right now.

no, i will not let this die.

heres another reason for joe to make this trade: t-mac has avged ~26 ppg against san an over the last 3 years. BB has dominated our scorers probably worse than anyone else in the league. imo, he was the true finals mvp in '05. it would be a real plus to bring in a guy that no one on san antonio (the heavy favorite to be the WC champ) can stop.

i was thinking of different ways to do this, and i came up with getting a 3rd team involved. getting jersey involved, and having kidd go to houston would be the way to get houston 100% into this trade. but i dont see how that could happen without then getting a 4th team involved. so thats not too likely.

what might work is getting philly involved. what if the trade was something like:

D gets: tmac
    d sends: rip, AA, amir,

houston gets: rip, andre miller
    houston trades: tmac

philly gets: AA, amir
    philly trades: andre miller

we might have to include an expiring K here or there, and im unsure what draft picks would be needed for balancing, but i cant see any reason why any of the 3 teams wouldnt want to do this (well, maybe houston...).

+ Reply to Thread