Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
no, i will not let this die.

heres another reason for joe to make this trade: t-mac has avged ~26 ppg against san an over the last 3 years.
42% shooting, and TMac missed 5 out of 14 games against the Spurs since the 2005 season, so I could argue that's 26*(9/14) or 17 ppg -- or worse. TMac's never made it past the first round, and my hunch is that he'd get worn down just when we'd need him. Or, Kander intervenes and says "play him 30 minutes instead of 40", and there goes our TMac advantage. And who's to say that those 26 ppg don't come at the expense of other people not getting as involved with the offense because TMac needs the ball in his hands moreso than Rip does?

BB has dominated our scorers probably worse than anyone else in the league. imo, he was the true finals mvp in '05. it would be a real plus to bring in a guy that no one on san antonio (the heavy favorite to be the WC champ) can stop.
Rip seems to have worked out his Bowen woes since then, to the tune of 45% shooting and 18 ppg. Of course, that's only a 4-game sample size.

The only reason Bowen could smother Chauncey late in the 2005 Finals was because Rip was worn down and incapable of abusing the TP mismatch as he should've. In 2006, every coach of a team with a zippy PG thought they could use the PG to fluster Rip, and Rip would post and torch them. Afflalo is the best thing that could happen to Rip as far as keeping minutes down and keeping him sharp.

I don't get this hard-on for TMac at all, especially given his injury history. He's not getting any healthier AFAICT. He's not enough "better" to take the gamble.