+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigers sign Dontrelle through 2011

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    So much of the revenue base is centralized now with the TV contracts that the Tigers are doing quite alright. If they're putting 35,000 a night in the seats, they can afford some decent contracts. I'd put us second tier for sure, right under the Yanks/Red Sox/Mets/Dodgers.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    I don't think the Tigs are "small-market" they are in the second group of clubs

1st group- Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Angels, Dodgers, Mets

2nd group- Tigers, White Sox, Rangers, Giants, Phillies, Braves, Cardinals, Astros, Padres

3rd group- Indians, Pirates, Mariners, Blue Jays, Orioles, Rockies, D'Backs, Reds

4th group- Marlins, Nationals, Twins, Athletics, Brewers, Royals, Rays

Blog Entries
    Gotta put the Pirates in the bottom group
    Find a new slant.

The Marlins would not be in the last tier if they could just put a product on the field. Miami should be a great place for baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I think the problem with Miami is that so much of the population is old. Of course, so much is not and Latin America loves baseball, but they may not like what teams like the Marlins do to baseball. As a fan, I would love to know there would be some continuity and not World Series - fire sale - 5 years of sucking - World Series - fire sale - 5 years of sucking - W....
    We had subs. It was crazy.

There really isn't a lot of guess work in this. If you go by income than the Tigers are a small market club or if you go by 4 tiers, then they'd be 3rd tier.

Yanks, Bosox, Dodgers, etc

Cubs, Cards, Phillies, etc

Tigers, Rangers, CWS

Rays, Pirates, Marlins.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Gotta put the Pirates in the bottom group

True. It's been awhile since they were relavant.
    Destiny

I'm not sure how much goes into income, but I would imagine the Tigers are on the rise.
    Example, I'm not sure if they get a bigger piece of the TV pie by appearing on national TV more often, but that's almost certain to happen as much as possible this season.
    Crowds at the CoPa have increased, and again, are almost certain to this year. I think we sell out the park more often with the current lineup.
    Sales of Tiger apparel will probably reach a new level this year as well.
    Last year and the previous year should have been telling years in terms of what market we truly are, and if those put us in the third tier then that's kind-of sad. But in spite of those, I still expect an increase. I'm not sure how much we can increase, but there should be something.
    Also, fans should really expect a decent bump in ticket prices for 09. Ilitch really has no choice in the matter.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

how many clubs make more $$$ than the marlins though? it must be nice going into the season knowing your pulling in close to 9 figures even if no one comes to the games.

i suspect billy D would trade a couple years for a baseball team.

I don't really care if we are a small market club. Oakland and Minni have done pretty darn good and they aren't in the Yanks category.

It helps having a DD
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread