+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigers sign Dontrelle through 2011

Blog Entries
    I hope we can get Cabrera locked up soon as well, the longer we wait, the higher his price tag is going to go...

He might command a "Juan Gonzalez" type contract, but given his age, and his potential, I think it's worth the risk

Maggs, and Sheff aren't going to be here much longer, and if we can lock up our .300/35/100+ player for the future right now, it's going to benefit us for the longrun

5-7 years, and anything between 95-135 million

Blog Entries
    If Miggy can give us 85% of ARod's production, you may have to give him 85% of ARod's salary.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    If Miggy can give us 85% of ARod's production, you may have to give him 85% of ARod's salary.

I know, thats why I'd rather lock him up now before the season starts or even before the start of next year which is his contract year...

sooner the better, I think DD will eventually get it done, he knows the value of what he brought in, and he wouldn't give up both Maybin & Miller for just a 2 year rental...

Blog Entries
    Speak of the Devil, Cabrera's contract extension is next...

http://detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...712210386/1129

Now, if third baseman Miguel Cabrera proves to be as amenable to signing a long-term contract as Willis was, the Tigers' blockbuster deal with the Florida Marlins could pay dividends for more years than anyone initially imagined.

"We hope to sign (Cabrera)," general manager Dave Dombrowski said. "That doesn't mean it's going to happen, but we hope."

Yeah, pay the man. You're losing Pudge, Maggs and Sheff all in the next 1-3 years anyway. That's a lot of money off the books, not to mention Kenny retiring and Inge will be traded too.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Not to mention once guys like Granderson, Verlander, and Zumaya all hit free agency collectively, it's going to be tough...

Get it done now, and you won't have to worry about it in the future.

I was reading about PP that the Tigs could save some money by using one of their up and comers, like Holliman.

If we were the Yankees and their bank account, we don't have to do that but we aint, so we might have too.

I was like no way at first on PP, but it started to make some sense.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Are you saying get rid of Polanco?!
    _

I'm saying its an option.

The Tiges are a small market club and they will be looking to save money where they can. Instead of paying PP a huge contract, along with Cabrera, Mags, Verlander, Zoom, Bondy, Willis, they could consider using Holliman at 2nd, who is a much cheaper option. Not this year but when PP's contract comes up.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I thought you meant now. I was appalled. Maybe down the road that would be a nice option, but as of right now he's the perfect #2 hitter in the lineup and he's a gold glove second basemen (and unlike a lot of GGers, he actually DESERVES the award, he's outstanding!). I don't want to give that up anytime soon.
    _

+ Reply to Thread