+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Tigers sign Dontrelle through 2011

What is the rule on dead players?

Realistically, even for single A ball, 4 hits and two walks in 7+ innins is pretty solid. Considering the hits/walks had to be lumped together to make 4 runs he might be puttin gtogether some solid innings. I have a feeling that if he can get his touch and his confidence back, he could still be a good major league pitcher. I haven't given up on him..........yet.

Blog Entries
    I haven't given up on him either. I just don't think he'll be worth his contract.

If he can give us 12 wins, 4.50 ERA, and 190 innings for each of the last 2 years of his deal, I'll be very pleased.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freep
    HANDLED WITH CARE: Matt Sosnick, the agent for Willis, praised the team's front office for the way the left-hander has been treated this year. Willis was sent to Class A Lakeland in early June to work on his control and recently earned a promotion to Toledo.

"A lot of organizations would have just let him battle through it, but they did not want him to get to a point of no return," Sosnick said during a telephone interview. "They did their best to get him into a pressure-free environment where he could get a lot of specialized attention."

Sosnick said Willis has lost 15 pounds since he reported to the minors.

"He's got a lot of pride," Sosnick said. "I think he's going to be great for Detroit. I think he will have two great seasons in a row."
    Find a new slant.

Good - I honestly believe that's Dontrelle's biggest problem - he just seems out of shape.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Leyland says Dontrelle and Freddy Garcia will both get starts for the Tigers next week.
    Find a new slant.

This looks like a real bust, but it won't be a huge deal. Every team has a few bad contracts they just dust under the rug(like the Yankees).

Blog Entries
    Starting tonight for the Reds.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread