+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 131
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Presidential nomination race

The current election ALWAYS feels like the most important. I've been voting for longer than I care to admit and it always feels that way.
    Players meeting my ASS!

maybe, but the threat china poses to us economically, which is the most tangible threat this country has had since, what, 63?, is real. america desperately needs to get this economy if it wants to continue on as the only world superpower.

now, if being the only superpower doesnt matter to you, and you dont buy global warming as a threat, then i could concede this being just another election during tough economic times.

but if that stuff does matter, than i think this coming period is going to be a very important era in american history.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BODOG
    Odds On: Who will be chosen as the Democratic candidate for the 2008 US Presidential Election?

Hillary Clinton
    1/6

Barack Obama
    3/2

Al Gore
    15/1

John Edwards
    9/1

Dennis Kucinich
    20/1

Joseph Biden
    30/1

Chris Dodd
    40/1

Mike Gravel
    40/1

Bill Richardson
    40/1

Field
    50/1
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Clinton puts Magic Johnson front and center
    Posted: 06:26 PM ET

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Basketball legend Earvin "Magic" Johnson suggests Barack Obama is a "rookie" in a new Hillary Clinton campaign ad launched in South Carolina Friday, one week before the southern state holds its Democratic primary.

"We won our first game on a last-second shot," the former Los Angeles Lakers point guard says in the ad. "I was so hyped. But the captain of my team said, 'Take it easy rookie, it's a long season, it's a long road to the championship.' He was right."

(According to NBA.com, that sage veteran mentioned in the ad who offers advice to a young Johnson is none other than Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who happens to be publicly supporting Obama.)

"Whether it's winning championships or a president who can lead us back to greatness, I'll always want the most prepared and experienced person leading my team," Johnson also says. "That's why I'm asking you to join me in voting for Hillary Clinton for President.

The basketball great fails to point out the Lakers won the NBA championship his rookie season and he was named Finals MVP.

Johnson endorsed Clinton earlier in the year and campaigned at her side in the days leading up to the Iowa caucuses. He has also been campaigning with Bill Clinton in Nevada this week, and taking subtle digs at the Illinois senator.

"We need somebody who's not preaching hope," he said at one stop on Thursday. "We need somebody who understands that there's a problem, and they're preaching solutions."
    Find a new slant.

well, uhhh, magic johnson could move the rock, but kareem had that sky hook, plus he leads the nba in all time scoring.

i think ill vote obama.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    The rookie famously took over the experienced guy's position, when the experienced guy fumbled down the stretch.

I wonder what Obama did against Magic Johnson. Magic contributed to him last year.

http://www.newsmeat.com/fec/bystate_...n&first=earvin

I don't know about all this Magic, Oprah, etc stuff.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Ahh... I understand Magic's support now:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...unding-pledge/

Inpector Mxy to the rescue.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Ahh... I understand Magic's support now:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...unding-pledge/
    Obama shoulda signed it. You vote for the candidate that fits your interests. Not signing it comes across as not on board to Magic I guess.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread